I laughed at first then Ace joined me.

******************

The rest of ride me and Ace had a small talk.

When we arrived home, I looked at Ace, " I am sorry that I cut your day short, and thanks for dropping me home." I told Ace with a smile.

"It's fine, don't worry about that, I really spent a nice time with you and Josh."

"Ace, when will I meet you again?" Josh asked.

I don't want to disappoint him and tell him that we won't meet him again.

Don't ask me why, but this fact disappointed me too.

"We can meet tomorrow after work if Hazel isn't busy."

Really! I didn't expect that, of course he is a busy man and had a lot of work to do.

"Hazel, can we meet with Ace tomorrow?" Joshua asked with a hope in his eyes.

I think Joshua likes Ace, maybe because Ace told him that he is a big boy.

"Yeah, I think we can." I replied a little bit hesitantly.

"Yess!" Joshua squealed.

"Can I take your number to text you the time and place." Ace asked me searching for his phone in his pocket.

"Yes, of course." I took the phone and typed my phone number.

"Here it is." I said giving Ace his phone.

"Thank you again Ace, I am sorry for ruining your day." I told him with a small smile.

"You're welcome, and you didn't ruin my day, really it's so much fun to spend time with you and Josh." He replied with a smile.

I opened the door and got out the car, then went to open Joshua's.

"Thank you Ace." Joshua said.

"Welcome Josh"

"Bye." I told Ace while closing the back door.

"Bye, see you tomorrow." Ace replied.

I smiled and waved at him, grabbed Joshua's hand and walked inside the building.

When I entered the elevator, I pressed 1 st floor.

I opened the apartment door when a voice boomed, "so you finally decided to show up!" I flinched at Finn's voice.

"You said you will be home in 10 minutes! why did it take you more than half an hour to come home?!"

I feel Joshua's hand tightened around mine.

"Because I had to take Joshua from the daycare first." I explained to him.

Finn stayed silent for a while but he looked like he was fuming in anger.

I looked at Joshua once more, he didn't look comfortable, I took Joshua and headed to the room.

"Josh, can you change your clothes and wait for me to tuck you in." He nodded.

I walked back to the living room.

"Why didn't you ask me before going out?!" He asked raising his voice.

I don't know why Finn is behaving like this those days, I know that he have anger issues and I am used to it.

But it became to much to be handled, "because I don't need your permission to go out with my friends!" I snapped at him.

He approached me and grabbed my bicep the same way he grabbed it yesterday, it still hurting.

"Leave my hands, it's hurting!" I freed my hand and rubbed it softly.

He took a handfull of my hair and grabbed it tightly.

"Don't raise your voice at me! And yes! You need my permission!"

I winced as his fist tightened around my hair.

"Do you understand me?" He looked straight into my eyes.

I didn't answer him.

"Answer me!" He yelled, and I nodded.

"Use your words, Hazel." He said gritting his teeth.

"Y-Yes." I cried out as my scalp started to burn.

He let go of my hair, he pushed me and I fell on the couch.

"You aren't allowed to go out without my permission." He said looking at me for the last time with anger clouding his eyes then he left.

*******************

I am laying bedside Joshua on the bed, when Finn left I went to tuck Joshua in the bed then layed beside him.

I kept tossing and turning but still couldn't sleep.

I heard my phone beeped beside me on the nightstand.

I looked at the phone to see 2 messages from an unknown number.

I adjusted my self to be laying my back on the headboard.

I opened the messages.

Unknown number:
Hey, it's Ace.
Are you still awake?

A smile formed on my lips when I start to reply.

Me:
Yeah :)

Ace:
I texted to know when you will finish  work tomorrow.

I frowned first, why would Ace want to know when I will finish work tomorrow?

Then I realized that he is supposed to text me to know when we will meet tomorrow.

Me:
Usually I finish work at 4.

Ace:
Is it okay if I picked you up at 5?

Me:
No it's fine, I can meet you there.

Ace:
No.No. I  will pick you up, you don't even know where we will meet.

I was about to reply when he sent another message.

Ace:
Good night, Hazel.

Me:
Good night.