Chapter 2

1964-Julian's 1st Birthday

I was wearing a white dress, black sandals, my hair in a French braid, pink lipstick, and a pearl necklace. I walked out and seen Julian on the floor. Cynthia was sitting next to John. I sat down and picked Julian up.

"Hi Jules,"I cooed.

He giggled. George walked in and sat next to me. I smiled and handed Julian to John. I looked over at Ringo who was fixing his tie. Paul was standing there against the wall.

"Here, take Julian. I'm gonna smoke,"John said to Cynthia.

George went with him.

"I can't believe he's one already,"Cynthia shook her head.

"Me neither,"I agreed.

After dinner I headed to my room and took a shower. I walked out in a towel but I jumped when I seen George on my bed.

"Sorry,"He smiled.

"What?"I asked.

"Here,"He put a box on my bed and left.

I put my nightgown on and opened the box. Cigarettes. I grabbed my robe and walked out to the living room.

"Here,"I gave Ringo the box.

"George gave them ta ya?"

"Yeah. I'm not smoking."

I went back to my room and went to bed. I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up to the phone ringing. I grabbed my robe and answered it.

"Hello?"I asked.

"Mackenzie, can ya come pick up John? He is being a bit of a idiot. I'm keeping Julian,"Cynthia said.

"Sure. Just let me get dressed."

I hung up and went to my room. I put on a black skirt, a lavender short sleeved button up blouse, my hair down,  and black heels. I grabbed my car keys and headed to Cynthia and John's house. John was standing outside smoking. He put his cigarette out and got in.

"Sorry,"He said.

"It's alright. What happened?"

"We had a fight,"He sighed.

"Okay."

Once we got home we sat at the table and ate breakfast.

"We have a concert tonight,"John blurted out.

"Oh yeah,"George nodded.

I sighed and continued eating. After I finished eating I went to my room. I wrote in my diary.
Dear Diary,
After this you're getting packed up. I'm almost 19 which means I'm a bit too old for you. I will probably read you when I get older. I will definitely miss you. I feel bad for saying this but I hope John and Cynthia get a divorce. John causes problems with Cynthia and it only hurts her worse. It's better than having Julian live with those two fighting every single day. Yes, I still like John and Ringo. Paul just has weird eyelids, I don't like weird eyelids. Ringo's nose is so adorable and he is so sweet. John is perfect in everyway except the attitude. All of them smoke which I hate but if it's love it's love. I just hope I fall in love with the right person. I know George will always protect me so I should be fine. I've never kissed or dated anyone before so it will definitely be new. I'm a bit scared.
-Mackenzie Harrison

I grabbed a box from under my bed and put the diary in it.

"Well, see you in a few years,"I said and pushed it back under my bed.