"Well, I'm sorry that it hurts so much. It sucks that you can still feel pain," I say in a flat, slightly cold tone as Jungkook rubs his jaw. I avoid the longing gaze that he throws my way. His eyes bore into my figure and I can feel the intensity it holds.

He's not stupid...he's noticed that I'm acting differently towards him.

"Yeah. It does suck," he says slowly. "I guess it's like how I can also feel hungry and tired. Pretty much all those things even though I don't need to eat or sleep. I don't even need to feel pain because, well, I'm...dead. Even after all these years it so weird," he explains with a sad look in his eyes. I feel a pang of sadness after hearing that.

"But anyways, I'm glad you came in when you did. Man, Jin hyung hits really hard. Can you believe? He looks so soft and sweet, I would never have thought," Jungkook laughs stiffly, try to get a response from me too. I shift on my feet uncomfortably and turn my head.

"People aren't always who they seem to be, Jungkook," I tell him in a whisper, not making eye contact with him.

He frowns and sits up abruptly.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

"Oh."

Jungkook watches me closely. I don't dare look at him because I know what I'll see.

His stupidly innocent face that's going to make me cave in and abandon any reservations that I've started to have.

I keep my head turned and hold onto my neck, not knowing what to say to him. Maybe I'm overeating.

"I'm going to go and take a nap," I announce. I need some time to think. "I'm still very tired from work. There's pizza from last night in the kitchen if you want any," I bow politely and start to make my way to my bedroom.

I get about a meter away before I feel his fingers grip my wrist tightly. His calloused fingers hold onto me roughly.

Jungkook whimpers at the way I flinch harshly at his touch. His eyes hold hurt and something else that I can't place...betrayl?

"Wh-what's wrong?" His voice shakes as he searches my face. I gulp in nervousness.

"What's wrong? Nothing, I'm just a b-bit tired," I fake a yawn and attempt to wriggle my arms out of his vice grip.

Jungkook's grip only tightens and he starts to guide my body closer to his, but I keep myself stiff.

"I'm being serious. Did I do something? Is it because of earlier?"

"Uh..I...no. look, can we talk about this tomorrow-" my voice catches in my throat as I'm yanked into Jungkook's body. His breathing is suddenly rapid and his eyes are focused on my shocked ones.

The air is tense and I almost wish that one of my neighbours would just barge in and pull us apart. Jungkook can be intense.

"Did I- did I scare you, Angel?" He breathes out, his mouth inches away from my ear.

I feel goosebumps run down my spine and immediately push him off of me in panic.
I push him harder than I mean to and he goes tumbling into the couch with an unceremonious thud.

Jungkook's face falls and his features darken in realisation.

"You're...afraid of me?"

"N-no! What are you talking a-about?"

I gasp loudly as he fizzles into thin air and I'm left staring at the empty couch. My heart pounds in my chest.

"You're scared. I can feel it."