Asta x Reader: YES!

~YES!~

"I can't Asta !!! Absolutely can not !!!" My cheeks were flushed with exhaustion and my chest heaving as I screamed out my frustration. "I can't use a sword like you!"

I stared at the katana in front of me with disdain, sore hands, and small cuts littering my arms. It wasn't heavy nor too difficult for solo practice with, but for some reason I couldn't use it properly in a fight. Every lesson seems to leave my mind in the midst of my sparing sessions with Asta and I always mess up. Fatally if the small scar on my neck was any testiment. There's a reason Captain Yami had yet to assign my a mission while Noelle and Asta had already completed their first AND received a star for their great work.

"[y/n] !" Asta's loud voice draws me away from my thoughts. "STOP GIVING UP! YOU'RE SO CLOSE TO IT. YOU ALMOST HAD ME !! LET'S KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU GET IT !! I KNOW YOU WILL !!!"

He's a lot more enthusiastic about this than I am... but what if I just disappoint everyone again? Why did I have to have sword lightning magic I can't even use? I can't believe I'm a noble with no affinity for my own magic. Even Noelle can control her magic much better than I can... I should've just been a healer. Or maybe if I could use different magic?

Suddenly Asta grabs lightly at my chin, drawing my attention away from my thoughts yet again to focus on his peridot orbs. Then I feel gentle, slightly chapped lips press against my forehead first, then my left cheek, then my right cheek, and finally my nose before he moves his face back to look me in the eyes again.

"A- Asta wha-"

"It made you stop being depressed right?" He stares at me with his trademark smirk on his face, his thumb gently caressing my chin while I stare unabashedly at him with my mouth slightly open out of shock before I make a weird noise and fall into a sitting position and cover my steaming face out of embarrassment.

And he laughs loudly. I should punch him for that. But I won't. (Maybe because I appreciated the boy I quickly developed a crush on showing me affection.)

"When you best me I'll kiss you again, okay?" He holds my spare katana in one hand and smiles at me holding out the other to lift me back to my feet.

"I- I'll do it Asta." My cheeks were still a soft pink color and my arms were feeling sore after the slight break but I have motivation now, I thought whilst taking his hand.

"And once you master swordsmanship I'll make you mine. I know you can do it." A gleam of determination shines in his green eyes while he gazes loving at me.

"Once I master this I'll be yours." I secure our hands tighter and bring the back of his hand to my lips to seal our promise with a kiss before letting go to pick my katana off the ground and getting back into position.

Asta took the hint and smiled brightly with his own red cheeks before charging directly to me. I blocked, enhancing my strength with lightning and maneuvered around his katana with flexibility, getting behind him before he turned around and swung at me again.

This process of blocking and swinging went for a while before I took a risk and swung my katana down knowing he'd block. I let it go to fly up in the air whilst I enhanced my speed just slightly with magic, timing my next strike against his to my advantage and used the little I learned in an anatomy course to hit a pressure point at Asta's wrist which forced him to drop his sword. Whilst doing that I grabbed my katana from the air and quickly moved it close to his neck, bringing it to life with a coat of blue lightning crackling dangerously close to Asta's head for a few seconds before letting it die down.

We both took deep breaths in this final position. Before a grin overtook Asta's face, breaking me out of my fight haze.

I did it.

I DID IT !!!!

I dropped the sword with a large smile and jumped onto Asta laughing happily. We fall onto the grass and his secure grip around my waist tells me that he's just as proud.

"Thank you for believing in me Asta." I push my weight to my palms so I can look him in the eyes to show the gratitude my mouth can't say. It had been a long training session as it was now dusk and the sunlight was beginning to fade behind the trees surrounding our hideout, just barely keeping the area we were training in illuminated. He spent his entire off day with me training and I was beyond grateful.

He smiles back into my [e/c] eyes and leans up to plant a celebratory slightly- longer -than -a -peck kiss on my lips that leaves me breathless. "I knew you could do it [y/n]."

"NO WAY HOW'D THIS BRAT GET SOMEONE BEFORE I DID?!!!" We both turn with wide eyes to see the rest of the Black Bulls watching us in different stages of shock from the sidelines of the empty field. Finral, the one who screamed, was holding his head and staring at us.

"You could always fight me to forget about your pitiful love life." I'm pretty sure we all know who said that.

Magna, Noelle, and Gorden were all staring with wide mouths whilst Vanessa and Charmy were cheering loudly. Gauche... was staring at a picture of Marie with a bloody nose and Grey was letting out a puff of smokey air.

Captain Yami, however, stepped towards both of us and squatted down to look me in the eyes. I suddenly felt a reassuring pat on my head and he removed his cigarette from his lips to give me a small smirk.

"You're ready for missions now [y/n]." Was all he said. Loud enough for everyone who was still a few feet away to hear and a new round of cheering began from everyone.

Tears swelled in my starry eyes and I jumped up from Asta to hug Captain Yami quickly before going back to hug Asta again.

"Let's go on a mission together soon okay [y/n]!" Asta draws back and screams with stars in his eyes and the words ignite a new fire in me. I'm finally an active member of the Black Bulls with everyone.

"YES !!!"

.
.
.
.
A/N : wow this ones pretty long,, but I had lots of fun writing it 🥰 I hope you guys enjoy it ! Let me know what you think please :)