Chapter 8

Third Person's POV

Alicia on the back stage was busy eating some strawberry pie especially made for the participants when one of the staff entered.

"I apologize to disturb your rest but, your all going to have a second chance to make your way up to the third and second spot"

"Wait, what happened to the other two?" Ask one of the first to lose

"Well, apparently, the one holding the second position got disqualified by attacking one of the participants, which was the one holding the third position"

"So what's the challenge then?"

"All of you would be fighting one another until two people are left standing"

After that explanation, whispers can be heard all around as they keep on glancing over to 'Alice' who's silently still eating the last bit of the pie and the kid who's sitting idly looking on edge.

"I forfeit"

"Yeah, me too"

"Well, since that kid seems to be on par with the winner last year, then I'm gonna forfeit"

Only ten kids who're about 11 to 13 years old were left in the tent including Alicia.

"Well, that settles it, please continue on in the ring"

All of them were given a wooden sword and as soon as they were on the ring, they all surrounded Alice together with the other kid who's registered as 'Beast', Taking out first the dangerous ones? Nice going, Alicia thought positioning herself on defense.

"Hey, take out those four feeble looking kids, I'll take those four"

"Wait wha?"

"What? You can't handle them?"

"That's not what I meant, I- ugh, whatever"

He wants those tough dudes all on his own? Tch, selfish guy. She thought as she pouts looking at those guys probably ages 12 or 13 currently smirking at her. Once the announcer shouted start, all of them started dashing towards both of them, but not merely 20 minutes, Alicia already took down all four of them, two with broken ankles and the other two with broken wooden swords, Not much of a fight she thought as she glance over the 'beast' guy and he's already taken care of all of them with their bodies lying on the ground grunting in pain. Woah, truly a beast I should say, his face totally screams he hadn't had much fun.

And with that, Alicia got second place and the beast guy got third place, how? The guy refused to fight Alicia so he forfeit and got third place instead. Apparently, the one who got first place was Rose.

"Uhmm, Alice? Can I have a moment to talk with you?"

Rose tapped Alicia's shoulder which caught her attention from still eating a a blueberry cheesecake served for them at the lounge. "Yeah?" She asked with her mouth full of cake. Rose was about to talk when a guy suddenly head butted her.

"Ouch! Who was that! I'll f*cking kill you, you beast-"

She suddenly paused when the guy removed his mask and revealed his face which greatly shocked her.

Oh shit. Was the only thing she thought before her mouth could say anything.

"Sup, bro, hehe"

Brandon's POV

Where the hell did that kid went? After the parade, my little sister suddenly disappeared from my sight, I was about to give her a tour all around town about some good stuff she could like, but to think I couldn't find her irritates me quite a bit, knowing her, she may up to something no good again. Mom and dad are on their 'date' so she coudn't possibly tagged along with them.

"Oh! Hey Brandon, wanna take a look around?"

"Hey Greg, sorry can't, I'm looking for my sister, have you seen her anywhere?"

"Eh? I thought you?"

"What?"

"Uhhh, I saw her heading to an event happening...at...the center, pla-za"

He hesitantly told me seeing my face is already fuming in rage, that kid! Seriously! I just can't leave her alone can I? "Okay, thanks about that, and sorry, can't join you guys" I told him as I head straight there, I hope I'm not too late.

When I got there, I coudn't even find her from the crowds so I purposely joined the event and when I got there, I still coudn't find her, but I know for a fact that she's registered as Alice. Maybe she's at the other side? I thought as I glanced at the other tent in front of us, and yeah, she's right there sitting looking so bored. When her match was now next, I just let her do her thing since both of them are girls. Surprisingly, what I thought that would be just a normal spar turned out to be one of the best thing I watched in all of the events beforehand, what surprise me more was that Alicia actually has the potential to wield a sword, I can say that she's been seriously training. And as I watched them changed blows, I realized that both of them were trained by veterans. Now I'm starting to get all the gist of it, why Alicia would go out everyday on the forest, not to play but actually train, but, who was her mentor? It coudn't possibly be Mr. Amir right? No, he hasn't mentioned taking another student...right?

Drunk in my own thoughts, I didn't know that Alicia lost due to a broken weapon, and so my fight was on but before it could even start, I deliberately lost joining the 'losers corner', wow, they literally named this tent that way?
And there I saw Alicia near the table full of foods, I thought she would be sad or anything but she actually genuinely looks happy. Seeing her like that, makes my heart melt, I always want to see her smile, so I thought I'd stay quite for now and keep the scolding when we get back home. But still, my anger can't just go away when this kids are all looking at my precious cute little sister, I glared at them and they kept their distance, good.

After a while or so, an announcer came and said that we're going to get a second chance. Great, just great.

So, as soon as we stepped on the ring, both of us were surrounded and I think they want Alicia out the ring first, can't let you hurt her boys. Pretty much, you all know what happened.

(I'm sorry, I'm a lazy author)

-Thank you so much for voting and commenting, it means so much to me
🥺🤧