Chapter 6

Alicia's POV

I'm currently wearing big bro's old clothes, dirty white polo shirt tucked in a leather pants, and tied my hair ponytail style, I examined my look in the mirror, "Not bad" I muttered as I go out of the house heading to the store. Kuro has completely hidden himself in my shadows, he doesn't really like humans that much huh.

As I was walking up to the store, I noticed that the town has a lot more people than it usually was, a lot of adventurers running here to there, and people were yelling at each other. Is the king's birthday some kind of an international holiday or something? Bet the palace is much more messier than here, I remember reading the villainess's side story, how she was humiliated by her fiance during a dance in his majesty's presence. Thinking about it, I'm kinda pissed off, should I annihilate the royalties and turn this world a diplomatic one? Hah, laughable. What the hell am I thinking anyway.

"Norma-san, is my dress all ready?"

"I came here to pick my dress, is it ready?"

"Norma-san?!"

Once I got in front of the store, there're a lot of ladies shouting or yelling trying to make their way in, Lena' having a hard time dealing with this ladies. I picked up the cardboard lying on the pile of boxes, rolled it, and climbed up the barrel.

"*inhales* Everyoooooooonnnee!!! Listen up! If you want your dresses quick, form a straight line! First come first serve!"

"Eh? How do we know who came first?"

"Hey, I clearly came here first in the morning"

And they started arguing again, ugh, these people! I just mentally facepalm at this idio- uh, ladies.

"I  don't f*king care, just get yourselves in a straight line, fast! Or I'll kick you all out!"

There, they can actually do it, why make it more difficult. Okay, that settles it, I went inside to help with the dresses.

Time goes by and thankfully, the ruckus has already settled down and that means, no more work. I jumped in the sofa as I rest my tired body.

"Ah! I forgot to deliver this to the viscounts! Merida, can you do me the favor to deliver this? Take Alicia there"

"Wha-? Mama? Why me?"

"Come on now, you'll accompany Merida right?"

That again, her puppy eyes, seriously.

"Fine"

She then hugged me and kissed my forehead. Now that I think about it, I haven't actually talked to Merida before, she doesn't talk much so, I wonder if she doesn't like me.

"Are you okay holding two?"

"Ah, y-yeah, I'm fine"

That surprised me, we just both quietly head to the viscounts house up the hill.

Third Person's POV

Merida and Alicia both entered the mansion and as expected, it's as big as the one's she's seen way back, she just sat there quietly with Merida on her right side.

"Ah, thank you both for coming, oh? I've not seen you before?" The viscount said as he turn his gaze around to see an unfamiliar child. She smiled and stood up giving her curtsey to the man, if possible, she wants to be on the good side of the viscount. "Your grace, I am Alicia, I give thanks to the Kelly family for being such a great sponsor to our humble dress shop" He smirked as to see that this child has the aura of that of a noble lady. "I see, then, are you perhaps the daughter of the famous Norma?"

"Yes I am"

"Then, let's get to business"

He brought out a piece of paper trying to compute the cost for each dresses, he deliberately made a mistake to see who would react to this, and to his surprise, it was who he expected.

"Your grace, I think you may have made a mistake in this part, it was suppose to be 7, not 5"

"Oho? Your right"

He cross it out and ordered his maids to  bring out another piece of paper, 'Damn rich he is' Alicia thought, "Alicia-san, have you had any proper learning regarding mathematics, history, geographic etc?"

"No, your grace, I've just learnt those through textbooks I find and borrowed from friends"

He nodded grinning and signaled his maid to bring out the money and handed out to Merida. "Then, thank you for giving us your time, we'd better take our leave" Merida bowed, so as Alicia, they were about to leave when the man stopped them halfway. "Halt there," he stood up from the couch and approached the child as he bent down to meet her red glittering eyes, "Certainly, I've never seen any of my people who had such red eyes as her and the hair as blue as the sky" he thought as he examined her from head to toe, "Are you really related to Norma? I don't see any resemblance from her at all"

"I've been told that by many people, but, here's what I've always answered, related or not, they are still my family, so who ever messes with my family, won't get away with it, be it a noble, or royalty, I shall pay them equally as they treat my family"

Merida, on her side has been awkwardly listening to these two people staring and grinning at each other like any moment, she'd expect a fight but to her surprise, the viscount suddenly burst out into laughter as he pats Alicia's shoulder, "Say, Alicia-san, what do you think of becoming my daughter?"

"I kindly refuse"

Again with the staring, Merida felt that they would take their leave before anything happens. "P-pardon us Lord Kelly, but we must take our leave before night time comes" she then took Alicia into her arms breaking the staring contest. "Ah, yes, I apologize for delaying you both" She bowed at him and left the Kelly household. Once they were out of the mansion, she put down Alicia and flicked her forehead surprising her.

"Ouch! Merida? What was that for? It totally stings" she protested as she massage her flicked forehead, Merida on the other hand still kept her frowning face, "Do you know what you just said to the lord?! Have you even realized that you nearly provoked him?!" She scolded as they walk down, "I guess? I mean, he's the one provoking me first"

"Wha-!? You! Your a smart child Alicia, you should've just stayed low even if you know he was the one to provoke you, you'll never know what that sly man could do to you!"

"I know that Merida-san, but I can't help it"

She got another flick in the forehead, and the scolding of Merida still continues until they reached the store.

'I never knew Merida could talk this much?!' She thought wishing the scolding could just stop.

.
.
.
.

In the Kelly household, Allen Finn Kelly, the master of the house stood idly near his office window, watching Alicia as they walk away from the mansion. "What an odd child" He thought as his lips form a grin from amusement, "My Lord, everything's been prepared"

"Ah, yes, call them out for supper, we'll be early tomorrow for the king's birthday"

Tomorrow really is a special day, I wonder if anything interesting would happen on a special day.

:)