Chapter 10

The feeling of something rubbing against my arm had awoken me from my dreams. I opened my eyes and noticed Slenda.

"Good morning." I greeted with a yawn. I sat up and began to stretch.

Slenda sat beside me and looked at me with a smile.

"So, did I keep to myself?" I asked with a tired laugh.

Her smile grew.

"Well, you did, but I didn't." She told me.

I smiled and rolled my eyes.

She rested her hand on my arm and looked at me in her own worried way.

"Do you have nightmares?" She asked me.

I looked at her, confused.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, when you were asleep, you seemed to be in despair. You would sometimes repeat the word 'no' over and over while you would kind of jerk around a bit." She replied.

I sighed and looked down.

"Did I keep you up last night?"

She shook her head.

"No, you stopped after I started trying to comfort you." She told me.

I looked back over at her.

"Yeah, I do admittedly have nightmares some nights." I said.

"How long have you had these?" She asked me.

I let out a breath.

"I don't even know. It's been happening for such a long time."

Slenda let out a sigh and rested her hand on my thigh.

"Would you like me to sleep with you more often?" She asked me.

She would be willing to do that for me? That's so nice of her. I would love the company at night, and it would be nice, but I can't force her to do that for me. I can't waste her nights just to keep my nightmares away. I know having her around helped me last night because I was having a nightmare, then in a flash, the dream turned happy again. I assume that's because Slenda was there with me. At least, that's what I want to believe.

"No, I can't force you to do that. I will be fine." I replied.

She looked down and nodded before looking back at me.

"Okay, but if you ever want me to, I'll be happy." She said.

I smiled.

"Thank you." I thanked her.

She responded with a nod.

A knock at my door caught my attention. I looked in the direction as it opened, revealing Zalga.

"Hey, Y/n, how are you feeling?" Zalga asked, walking into the room.

"I'm fine." I answered her.

"Would you mind meeting someone? She's really shy, but I'm forcing her to break from her shell since she wants to meet you." Zalga asked me.

I think I know who's she talking about. Is it the woman who gave me the two knives? Man, I want to thank her. I played with that knife for like two movies' worth of time last night. I just couldn't stop! I was genuinely having a lot of fun with it.

"Yeah, I would love to!" I replied.

"Thank you so much." Zalga thanked me.

I responded with a single nod and a smile.