Chapter 144 - Tricked By Sophia

With difficulty, Caspar went out of his penthouse and descended into the lobby of the St. Laurent Hotel. He called Jadeith and asked him to drive to the airport immediately. The hotel staff and guests were astonished to see him.

Caspar had never been seen drunk before. The staff didn't know what they should do. They wanted to help but at the same time, they didn't want to be rude.

"Hey... what's wrong with you?" They looked relieved when Sophia, who just came out of the elevator, approached Caspar and grabbed his shoulder. "Are you drunk?"

"Hmm..." Caspar shrugged.

"Did something happen? You rushed to the airport this morning, and then you drink so much..." Sophia narrowed her eyes and looked at Caspar attentively. "Where are you going?"

"To Singapore."

Jadeith arrived and signaled that the car was ready.

"I'm coming. I can't let you go in this state. Please let me repay your kindness and help you this time."

Sophia helped Caspar walk to the car and sat next to him. Shortly before the car moved, she changed her mind.

"Jadeith, wait a minute, I'll get the hangover soup from the restaurant."

Sophia got out of the car and walked to the hotel. She returned a few minutes later with a container filled with hangover soup and cutlery from the hotel restaurant. She let Caspar sleep on the way to the airport.

When they arrived, she took care of their documents and helped Caspar get into his private plane. After they took off, she served the soup and coffee to Caspar so the man would recover soon.

"Eat... so you will feel better," Sophia said, feeding Caspar. "I've never seen you like this. Does this have anything to do with your wife? I can't imagine anything else causing you to be like this..."

Caspar nodded slowly. He initially refused the soup from Sophia, but after being pushed several times, he finally accepted.

"What happened to her?" Sophia asked.

"She finally called me," Caspar answered reluctantly.

"What? Why did it take her so long? Then what did she say?"

"She said she had forgiven me..."

"Then?"

"She wants to meet. I think we should meet for the last time, to resolve the problem between us."

"Then why did you drink so much? Isn't that good news?"

"Do you still remember the child Lauriel brought yesterday?"

"Hmmm, why is that?"

"That's Finland's daughter."

"Ohh..." Sophia covered her mouth out of surprise. "Is that... is that why you are like this?"

Caspar nodded.

"I don't know if I would be able to meet her in person. I might embarrass myself even further. I'm afraid that if I meet her, I will only beg her to come back to me... That would be very embarrassing."

Sophia bit her lip. "Don't do that. I don't want to see you embarrass yourself. You have sacrificed too much..."

Caspar didn't answer.

The trip to Singapore was too short. His heart wasn't ready yet. The next thing they knew, they had arrived at the Continental Hotel and it was already 7:00 p.m. Finland would arrive soon.

"If you are unable to meet her, let me see her on your behalf. I will deliver your message and receive the message from her for you," Sophia said, looking at Caspar's gloomy face.