Chapter 57 - Dinner With Katia

Finland tried to forget her gloomy feeling when she met Jean at Bedok Reservoir to do wakeboarding. She had never done this type of sport before and seeing people gliding on the water pulled by a fast boat frightened her a little. Since she couldn't swim and the thought of drowning frightened her, in the end, she only became Jean's spectator from the side.

"I will just enjoy it from the side... !!" she exclaimed from the bay. "I'm afraid of drowning."

"Hahaha... fine."

Finland spent all weekend with Jean. She was a little sad because in a few days Jean would return to Paris. However, the thought of visiting her best friend in January consoled her. Two more months, she thought.

Finally, Finland would be able to see Europe.

***

The weekend passed quickly and suddenly it was already Monday and Finland had to go back to work. When she was busy making a presentation for Atlas Corp's exhibition the following month, Tony called her to the meeting room.

"Katia has agreed to all the designs we submitted and she said that we can start the installation next week, so that in December her artworks can be exhibited," Tony said, handing over documents to Finland. "Katia gave you full control. She will return to Europe tomorrow, so she asked to see you later in the evening at De Lune to discuss the technicalities."

Finland could only nod. She did not know why Katia did not contact her directly instead of asking to meet her through Tony. Well... she was prepared to meet Katia after the incident last Saturday.

Finland returned to her desk and continued working. For a moment she stopped and thought about whether or not she should tell Caspar about this development. She remembered Caspar asking her to always tell him what was happening so he could protect her.

But their last conversation didn't end well, and yesterday Caspar didn't contact her at all...

Finland became doubtful, what should she do.

Finally, she decided that her meeting with Katia should not be informed to Caspar, because it was not too important. She texted Jadeith that she would go straight to De Lune after work, and Jadeith did not need to pick her up at the office.

[I'll take Madam to De Lune. I will be waiting for Madam after work at the park as usual.]

Came a reply from Jadeith.

Hmm... actually, Finland was starting to get used to being called Madam by Jadeith. It no longer annoyed her. Subconsciously, a smile was engraved on her face. What a strange and stubborn man; Finland could never make him call her Miss.

[OK. I will finish work late in the afternoon, around 6:30pm, because I have a lot of things to do.]

Finland tried to complete her tasks quickly but somehow her mind was hovering around and she found it very difficult to concentrate. She wondered why Caspar didn't contact her at all the day before. Maybe the man thought that it was futile to pursue Finland and he would not waste his time waiting for her anymore.

Ugh... Finland felt upset thinking about it.

Tony gave her the company credit card to pay for her dinner with Katia at De Lune Restaurant. Seeing the credit card in hand, she thought about De Lune's deliciously expensive food menu. She felt a little comforted.

Finland arrived at the restaurant before Katia. Even though she was very hungry, she knew that it was not polite to order food first while the guest had not arrived. Therefore, she ordered a cocktail and she tried to fill her stomach with the bread provided at the table while waiting for Katia.