Chapter 25 - We Don't Know Each Other That Well!

Finland managed to free herself from Caspar's charm before the man could go any further.

"The prize for our bet is only one kiss," Finland protested. She quickly stood up and tidied her clothes, which were a little messy.

On the couch, Caspar closed his eyes and sighed sadly, like a five-year-old who was punished not to play with his favorite toy.

"I just confessed my love to you," he said after he opened his eyes. He stared straight into Finland's eyes which were trying to avoid his gaze. "Does my love mean nothing to you?"

"I'm flattered. Thank you, but I can't accept it." Finland drank her Irish coffee in a hurry. "You're not the first guy to profess love to me. In my experience, bad luck befalls me every time someone professed their love to me... I don't want to take any risks."

"Bad luck?" Caspar asked, not understanding.

"One of the reasons I used to be bullied in school was because the boys who had a crush on me had die-hard female fans. These girls were not happy to know that the boy they liked had a crush on a nobody like me." Finland frowned, her expression looked horrified, "You don't know what it feels like, being beaten and tied to a tree by mean girls."

"Oh, like those girls yesterday?"

"Yeah, that's how it was... That's why I don't have any friends, especially female friends."

"I won't let anyone get to you... I swear." Caspar approached Finland, but the girl dodged. "You don't trust me?"

Finland sighed.

"May I ask you one thing?"

"What is it?"

"Rose Mansion... is that your house?"

Caspar was rather surprised to hear Finland's question, but he answered honestly. "Yes, that's right. I know you needed a place to stay, but you wouldn't want to stay for free."

"So, you bought that house from Mr. Van Der Ven and rent out the pavilion to me?"

"I..." Caspar looked hesitant to answer, "Yes, that's how it was..."

Finland looked like she was deep in thought. She suspected that Caspar bought Rose Mansion and arranged for Finland to find the ad and move into the pavilion. She was very close to reject Caspar's kindness and move out of the mansion... but she was in doubt. Finland really liked her current house...

"It's too cheap..." Finland said softly.

"I know you can't pay more, and actually I don't really need your money," Caspar said hurriedly.

"Okay then... I'll stay there." Finland finally decided. "I'm not staying for free anyway."

"That's right. You don't owe me anything. You rented the pavilion with your own money."

"Okay." Finland took her bag from the chair and excused herself, "Then I'll go home now. Thank you for the very nice dinner."

Caspar looked embarrassed, "You still haven't answered my question..."

"Which question?"

Caspar complained inwardly. In his long life, he had never had to profess his love so many times. In fact, for as long as he lived, he had never professed love openly at all.

"I've never fallen in love with a woman like this... or this fast. You have no idea." Caspar approached Finland and held her hand, "You are the first woman to make me believe in my feelings. When I see you, I see the woman I want to marry and share my life with. When I see you, I just want to be with you, forever. "