Chapter 15 | You changed

7:30 pm

'Boring'

Hisoka thought as he walked on the sidewalk, taking slow and careful steps while just looking down blankly on the concrete ground. His head was empty, but he also felt restless and annoyed like he wants to do something but he couldn't comprehend what it was. Hisoka stopped walking and watched the faces of the people who passed by. They all looked so lifeless to him, so dull and powerless. He couldnt see anything within their eyes. More specifically, he couldnt see the hope and brightness that he has witnessed within Gon. Everything was so silent and uneventful, no one even tried to look at him.

Observing them turned his already foul mood into a worse one. He glanced up at the nighttime sky as the crescent moon reflected in his golden eyes. The sky was bland though, there wasn't even a single star within his vision. Just darkness with a little moonlight. Hisoka's eyes narrowed and a small grin formed in his face.

'Haha.. How truly boring.

Should I just kill someone?'

He got back to his senses when he had finally decided on what to do. Hisoka started going back to the mall with bloodlust in his system. 'I should hunt for my prey there, more people means more chances..' He was now dying to see blood and the despair on people's faces as he breaks them. Although, the feeling he has right now was slightly confusing to him. It's not like he was excited to fight another person, its more like he just wanted to release his feelings.

As Hisoka was going back, he didn't even realize that the giftbag was still in his hands. He stared at it for a while and the moment he was about to discard it, a faint voice was heard screaming for his name in the distance. He looked at the direction he heard it from, and having an unsure idea on who it was, he went towards it.

"Hisokaa! Hey..!"

While he was walking, the faint voice became familiar as it kept getting louder and louder.

"Pleasee come back!.. Hisoka!"

When Hisoka could vaguely see a boy near the fountain, he immediately felt all his bloodlust disappear, and his malicious thoughts empty.
'..Gon?
Why is he still..?'

His heart beat faster as he was happy to see the boy who he thought abandoned him, calling out his name. All the boredom and foul mood from before suddenly disappearing almost like he regained a reason to live. Gon was still a bit far away so he started to run but halted when he noticed Kurapika and Leorio approaching the boy. When the two surrounded Gon, he began walking again as he used zetsu to conceal his presence. He saw Leorio hug the boy and was confused.

"Why are you crying for Hisoka?!" Leorio exclaimed.

Hisoka faltered after hearing the man's question, but still kept moving. Feeling nervous, thoughts started to crowd his mind.
'Do they know already?
And..
Gon is crying for me..?'
He got closer and closer to them.

"..we are talking about Hisoka, right? Since when did you guys have such a bond??"

He stopped walking when he was close enough to hear everything, but still far enough for them to not detect him.

"Today.
Only today.
That's why I wish..
I wish I could've spend it longer with him!"

'...Huh?'
Hisoka didnt believe what Gon was saying. He couldn't. Having ideas what that statement implied, he still didn't want to assume anything.
'Did he like being with me that much?
Or is this a joke?
Is he really..'
Questions filled him up and he calmed himself before finally deciding to drop his zetsu and take careful steps forward, getting closer and closer to them.