Interview || @NikkieKookie

Well well well, hello there!

After disappearing for almost another month we've come to present you another interview!

So, without further apologies and bad explanations, let's get this bread!!

We present to you the interview with the winner of our 29th graphic contest! Congratulations nikkiekookie !

The entry looked so so good! I can feel the fantasy vibes it radiates!

Q: When did you start designing graphics and why?
A: Honestly, I've started the experiment since I started writing books and I thought that my book should have a good cover to attract readers as I mostly write fanfictions. It was from 2018. Though I know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover...still we do that, right? At least we wattpad-ers do that hahaha.

Q: Who or what inspired you to start graphic design?
A: Actually...the book covers I used to see in other fanfictions of my fandom inspired me slowly and I started to think that why my book will also not have a good book cover? That's when I started making it for myself. And it never end there. Soon I started to help or take request for other's books who complimented on my covers and requested me to make one for them as well. So the inspiration came from ARMY writers who got best book covers for their books.

Q: Do you wanna share the name of your favorite designer, here on wattpad, with us? And maybe tell us why they're your favorite?
A: I, myself? LMAO no no! Just kidding. My favourite designers are- @EmrhettNBrooks ::: this designer's dark manips are the best and so do the fonts. Just awesome! Trust me her first manip in her portfolio is a eye candy!! Damn! @-decepted ::: this designer is a hard working being seriously. Her improvement amazes me everytime I check her both the portfolios. I salute him/her! @seodrafts ::: I'm a manip lover and again I like her marvelous manip works. Seriously those are just...it feels like dream- if the graphics can take you to a dream world then obviously his/hers will do it for you. @staryinspace ::: and this designer's aesthetics...damn! I never loved aesthetics but when I opened his/her's portfolio I just fell in love. I'm not joking. And trust me, my portfolio's cover is inspired from her aesthetic manips and simple covers.

Q: What do you think is so interesting - or rather fascinating - about designing graphics? Which part in the making do you enjoy the most?
A: I'm a manip lover as I said earlier and experimenting the manipulations for different genres or changing the genres by manipulation is the most interesting part. And looking for best fonts is where the fun lies. Actually this always happens to me is that whenever I'm looking for fantasy font futuristic ones pops up and when I'm looking for futuristic one comedy ones pops up- like- heck! But nowadays I'm more into aesthetic...why I dunno...maybe for @strayinspace ? Lmao

Q: What programs or apps do you (prefer to) use? Any top secret tips you'd might like to share with us?
A: I mainly use Picsart and Canva, nothing else. Top secret, Hmm? I don't think I've any hehehe. But for fonts...there's one. You can use fontspace and memefonts for better fonts and for filters...you can try Photoshop maybe.

Q: What type of graphic is your most favorite one to design?
A: I'm saying it again as the question came now- it's always manips and simple ones like- just slap a text with minimal filters. But currently I'm into aesthetics as well.

Q: It was our pleasure interviewing you! Before we end, do you have any advice for new designers maybe?
A: Advice? Ok... For the newbies there, a small advice from a newbie here is...always try to understand the prompt/story on which you're going to make the required graphics. Be it your book or others or a contest, understanding the prompt is the most important part. And try to help people without any payment when you get the grasp of designing. Cause you're not going to be poor nor loose your potential by helping others...so try to help always. Thank you.

Alright, thank you so much for joining our contest and once again, congratulations! Really well deserved!