185 Transition (3)

Start from the beginning

"Can you send it to me later? I don't have the time to read it now."

"No problem."

They didn't wait long for the speaker to arrive. Song Jia was surprised to see that she looked younger than she thought she would be, only a few years older than her. She gave her audience a simple greeting before going straight into her presentation.

"During our transmigration training, we have heard the terms 'male god' quite frequently. But, let me ask you. Do you really know what the term 'male god' means?"

There was ping, and a message appeared on the hologram presentation behind her. The speaker turned her head to read it with a smile. "Transmigrator 291 says that a 'male god' means a child of fate. Who else agrees with this statement?"

Instantly, the message was bombarded with likes.

"It seems that half of you agrees with transmigrator 291. However, let me tell you this. A male god could also be a child of fate, but this doesn't mean every child of fate has to be the male god."

The presentation behind her changed into a new slide, and Song Jia saw that it was a copy of the Male God ranking her senior had given her earlier.

"To be honest, I don't know why or how a male god could possibly exist. Someone who could call the wind and summon the rain, their existence even defies the natural order. There are some theories that they have evolved faster than the rest of the species, or like in Plato's Allegory of the Cave, all of us are merely imperfect shadows while the male god is a perfect form.

"It has even propagated a 19th century idea called the the Great Man theory, proposed by Thomas Carlyle. In history, these existences we call as 'male gods' have also been called 'destined heroes' by the Greeks, and 'God's chosen people' in Jewish liturgy."

The speaker laughed and shook her head. "But, I won't go deep into that. Just like how we can only theorize on why a 'soul' could possibly exist, we'll only end up inside a rabbit hole if we continue this line of conversation."

The speaker proceeded to talk about the ranks of the male god. Like her senior had told Song Jia earlier, those from C to F could only be called as talented people but not a threat to their mission. It was when they got to the Rank B that the speaker's voice became serious.

"A male god categorized as a Rank B would have a good physique, and outstanding abilities. He could be the genius Prime Minister, or the wealthy CEO of an international company. In short, someone who stands above the masses. Who among here have run into that type during their transmigration mission?"

Song Jia nodded her head. Remembering the male gods she encountered, all of them were highly intelligent and couldn't be underestimated. So they were Rank B?

The poll behind the speaker told them that nearly half of them had seen this type of male god.

"Meanwhile, a male god categorized as Rank A would have an oustanding physique, supreme abilities that have not been seen in a hundred years, and—this is the most important part—he would be able to rule the world for a short period of time. Some examples would be...hmm, the Prime Minister who could make the Emperor a puppet, or the CEO who could directly control the economic market for at least half a decade. Who among you here have encountered this type?"

The poll immediately decreased, showing only a quarter of the audience have encountered this type.

Song Jia frowned. She felt that the male gods she had encountered could also be Rank A?

"Now, we'll get to the male gods who have been ranked as S. Throughout my transmigration career, I have only seen this type once, and it was a very unforgettable encounter. They had the same characteristics as Rank A, only much better, and they are able to rule for a long period of time. These male gods give a lasting mark in history, changing the world they live in. Sometimes they are even regarded as gods by their people. Tell me, have any of you met this type?"

This time, the poll was zero. Song Jia also didn't vote for herself. She was feeling a bit speechless. So, she had met a Rank S straight from the bat during her first and second transmigration? Thankfully, Lin Yitian seemed like a Rank A...

"Don't worry, Rank S are rare, and also very dangerous, so it's good that you haven't met any of the male gods categorized under that rank. But, the truly dangerous ones..." The speaker changed the slide again, and this time, the word [Dangerous] was highlighted in red on the screen.

"If you see this type, I will warn you to run as far away as you can. Male gods under this rank can be called as a child of fate, and how much suffering they have received in the past will be how much suffering they'll give back. Death is a very vague concept for them, except if they do it with their own hands. In literature terms...they could be called as the main protagonist. They have the Rank SS."

The slide changed again, and this time, the words [Warning: Extremely Dangerous] were written on the screen.

"Male gods with the Rank SSS have the same characteristics as Rank SS, but they have one ability that differentiates them. Do you want to guess on what it could be?"

More comments from the audience appeared on the screen. Some speculated that they might have superpowers, while others think that maybe the male god turned into a super villain.

"Some of your guesses are close, but not close enough. Rank SSS male gods..."

The speaker looked at them solemnly.

"They could directly destroy a world."

The transmigrators in the audience gasped.

Song Jia, "..."

She really wished she could gasp in surprise too, ah~