128 The Jilted Second Young Master (1)

"Sister, why don't you just marry him?"

Song Jia looked at her identical twin sister, the one who spoke this indifferent line. The two of them were arguing in the backseat of a luxurious car, staring at the large mansion in front of them.

Su Jia was the twin sister of Su Qi, the fiancée of Lin Yitian, the second son of the influential and wealthy Lin family. Like his older brother, Lin Yitian was handsome and tall. He was even more intelligent than Lin Shenglan, the eldest son. But the reason Su Qi, his intended fiancée, did not like him was because...

Lin Yitian had been diagnosed with high-functioning autism.

It was a type of autism without an intellectual disability. However, it was still a fact that they had trouble with social interaction, causing them to bully other people or doing self-harm. They also had impaired communication skills, restricted interests, and repetitive behavior.

So not only was the original host sick, even the male god of this world had an illness.

According to what Nova had told her, the original host, Su Jia, had Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or ALS. It was a progressive nervous system disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord, causing loss of muscle control. After diagnosis, the maximum life expectancy of a person sick with ALS was five years.

In Su Jia's past life, she had been unable to get out of bed because she was no longer able to walk by herself. Su Qi had come to this large mansion on her own, full of reluctance. But since she was Lin Yitian's fiancée, and because Lin Yitian was still the young master of the influential Lin family, she decided that the two of them still had to meet sometime. It didn't matter whether it was now or later.

The result was that when she arrived, she saw an expensive porcelain vase coming straight at her. Su Qi managed to dodge, but it was a near miss. Su Qi had the misfortune of seeing one of Lin Yitian's infamous 'tantrums.'

Contrary to popular opinion, people with autism have plenty of emotions. Just the slightest disturbance in their extremely regulated world would cause them to have anxiety and depression. Lin Yitian, especially, had a tendency to smash and hit things around him when he lost his temper.

Because of this, Su Qi was scared away and began fearing Lin Yitian. But no matter how much Su Qi begged their parents, they wouldn't cancel their engagement. The Lin family was the wealthiest family in the city, for the daughter of an average businessman to marry into their family, that was their greatest fortune. Su Qi could only hide her grievances and become Mrs. Lin.

The tragedy still didn't end there. After Su Qi married Lin Yitian, it was predictable that she wouldn't be getting a normal husband. Lin Yitian spent most of his time working inside his study, and when angered, he would make a mess of all the furniture in the house. Su Qi was constantly afraid, and at this stressful time, the one who frequently comforted her was Lin Yitian's psychiatrist, Nie Poan. Su Qi gradually fell in love with him, and the two of them began a scandalous affair.

In front of Lin Yitian, Su Qi was his weak and easily scared wife, while Nie Poan was his capable psychiatrist. Once Lin Yitian turned his back, however, Su Qi and Nie Poan rolled between the sheets, roasting his character until Lin Yitian became no different from mud.

When Lin Yitian finally discovered their affair, it triggered an explosion that couldn't be stopped. In addition to having a bad temper during most days, Lin Yitian was also mysophobic. To know that the two people closest to him were both dirty, he felt as if he had been dirtied too. Lin Yitian thought that his whole world had been splashed with dirty water.

His solution?

To clean up the world with a virus that would wipe out most of the world's population.

Just like clearing all of the computer data to remove a single bug.

Thinking of this kind of dog blood drama that awaited her, Song Jia sighed heavily. Before she transmigrated, Nova had given her a pill that would make most symptoms of ALS disappear. It was the only reason she could tag along with Su Qi and prevent this twin sister of hers from accidentally destroying the world.

Like Nova said, she only had two years. In this two years, she somehow had to fix Su Qi and Lin Yitian's relationship, kick off that two-faced Nie Poan, and cure Lin Yitian to an extent that he wouldn't destroy the world when he got into a temper tantrum.

Holding her aching forehead, Su Jia looked at Su Qi and repeated, "You really won't go looking for Nie Poan?"

Su Qi was the vengeful reincarnator of this world. Song Jia had also confirmed this when she saw her stalking Nie Poan on Weibo. Before Su Qi could find Nie Poan and plan their revenge towards Lin Yitian, Su Jia got up from her permanent limp noodle position on the bed, causing both of their parents to pass out. Song Jia then suggested an alternate plan to her twin sister.

"Why don't you and I switch places? I'll pretend to be you and try to make Lin Yitian dissolve your engagement. If Lin Yitian takes the first initiative to break it, our parents wouldn't be able to do anything, right?"

Seeing the light flash across her sister's eyes, Song Jia could only inwardly roll her eyes at her. It wasn't hard to guess why Su Qi immediately agreed to her suggestion. Seeing her twin sister alive and kicking, she must have thought that Su Jia had recovered from her disease. If Su Jia wasn't successful in persuading Lin Yitian, then the two of them would just switch places permanently, wasn't that also good?

Therefore the two of them got into the car and headed towards Lin Yitian's mansion, the one he bought for himself to live alone.

Just as Song Jia was about to go out, Su Qi threw that sentence at her.

"Sister, why don't you just marry him?"