182 Lin Yitian, The Mentally Ill CEO (2)

Wang Han sat on a chair, beside a bed where a thin and sickly figure lay. His eyes stared blankly at the ceiling, his lips smiling.

"Second young master..." Wang Han sobbed.

Lin Yitian didn't hear him. His chin was covered with a straggly beard, and his hair was messy. His eyes were sunken and he was skin and bones. Because he didn't eat and drink and was supported only by IV fluids, he quickly lost his former handsomeness and became no different from a skeleton.

But no matter how much his body deteriorated, Lin Yitian still kept his smile.

His family no longer visited him, not even his mother. Afterwards, Wang Han also got sick because of old age and could no longer come everyday to the hospital. Lin Yitian lay on his bed day after day. Until days became weeks, weeks became months, and months became years.

He spent his whole life inside a happy dream.

"Second young master...it's already good that you're happy."

Wang Han wiped away his tears. There were wrinkles on the corner of his eyes, and nearly almost all of his hair had turned white. In just a few years, he became what Lin Yitian called him before, an 'old man.'

The companies Lin Yitian had founded were still going strong, so only if he was willing to face reality, he would become the wealthiest man in the city. But Lin Yitian never once responded to the outside world. His mansion was already filled with cobwebs, and when Wang Han returned there yesterday, everything was already coated with a thick layer of dust.

Wang Han looked at the blankly smiling Lin Yitian, his heart filled with pain for him. Miss Su was afflicted with a disease that made her lose control of her body while still reacting to the outside world. His second young master, on the other hand, had a healthy body but chose to imprison himself inside his mind.

Wang Han knew that his second young master became like this because he couldn't accept Miss Su's death. When Miss Su's heart stopped beating, it was only three days later that they discovered she was dead. Lin Yitian pulled out the cord of the beeping heart monitor and sat next to her, calmly reading her favorite book.

He didn't allow the doctors and the nurses to enter, saying that he wanted to be alone with Miss Su. It wasn't until a maid accidentally entered to change the bedsheets and loudly screamed that they discovered Miss Su had already died.

"Second young master, I cleaned up your study and found pictures of Miss Su all over your computer. I've brought it here with me in case you wanted to see them. Your computer and stored hard drives, I also sent to the company to handle. Lastly..."

Wang Han placed a square and antique-looking puzzle box beside him.

"Second young master, I thought you might want this."

Before Lin Yitian discovered Song Jia's illness, he had already prepared everything for their wedding. This puzzle box contained the wedding rings he bought for them to exchange in front of the altar.

Unfortunately, he would never be able to give it to her in this lifetime.

Wang Han felt tears leak out of his eyes again, and his voice trembled as he said, "Second young master, I know you're very happy wherever you are right now. But...Miss Su would have never wanted you to become like this."

Lin Yitian didn't respond.

Wang Han tidied up the bed and took one last look at Lin Yitian. Next week, he was going back to his hometown that was far away from the city. He wanted to spend more time with his wife, so he permanently retired from being a butler. This was probably going to be the last time he would see the second young master.

Wang Han heaved a deep sigh, and patted Lin Yitian's shoulder. After a while, he left.

The room went back to being silent and empty.

Lin Yitian's eyelashes trembled, but the dazed look in his eyes didn't disappear. Inside his mind, he was escorting Song Jia and his daughter to the kindergarten, and they were about to say their goodbyes.

"Xiao Hua, say goodbye to your father."

Lin Yitian crouched down, offering his cheek for her to kiss. Song Jia rolled her eyes at them while smiling, her arms carrying Baby Lin who was sucking his thumb.

"Daddy, goodbye!"

Xiao Hua waved her small hand, her pink backpack shining under the sun. She was a beautiful and lively child, her eyes as clear as Song Jia's. Her smile looked similar to Lin Yitian's.

"Xiao Hua, behave well and listen to the teacher." Song Jia couldn't help but nag.

"Uhm. Mother, I'm always well-behaved!"

Xiao Hua gave them one last wave of goodbye, even leaving a wet kiss on her younger brother's cheek. Baby Lin wrinkled his nose and waved his little arms up and down, as if he was also saying goodbye to his sister.

Lin Yitian and Song Jia watched their oldest child skip her legs as she went inside the school, her ponytail swinging behind her head. Lin Yitian took away Baby Lin from Song Jia, afraid that her arms would get tired.

"Jia, I placed surveillance cameras inside Xiao Hua's classroom and tapped the teacher's phone, so you don't have to worry that she would get bullied."

Song Jia was horrified. "Yitian!"

Lin Yitian laughed and stole a kiss from her lips. "I called the babysitter to take care of Little Lemon today, and I also won't be going to the company."

He pulled her close and touched his forehead with hers, their gazes locked on each other. There was no need for him to say out loud what he wanted to do. The heat in his eyes was enough to make Song Jia blush.

Baby Lin felt as if he had been ignored by his parents, so his small hands grabbed Lin Yitian's hair. He tried to put it into his mouth, but Song Jia quickly stopped him.

Having the passionate moment between Song Jia and him broken up by his son, Lin Yitian's face was dark. As expected, a daughter was better than this kind of lightbulb son!

Song Jia laughed when she caught sight of Lin Yitian's expression.

"Come on, let's go home~"

Song Jia took his hand and dragged both father and son back into the car.

These kind of moments flowed inside Lin Yitian's mind, playing like a beautiful movie, a montage of dreams that echoed the future he once fantasized about.

Lin Yitian kept a smile on his face and lay immobile on the bed, his eyes blank, immersed inside a happy dream. He was alone inside the room, but in his dream, he had a happy family beside him.

He continued to dream like this, avoiding the reality that she was no longer beside him.

Until finally, he no longer woke up.

End of Arc 3.