162 The Jilted Second Young Master (35)

Wang Han had already done a thorough research on Su Jia.

"When she was a teenager, Miss Su Jia had neck and back pain and received medication for muscle spasms, but the Su family didn't think it was anything special. However, her condition became worse and worse, so her parents made her see a neurologist and a rheumatologist.

Later, Miss Su Jia was diagnosed with sporadic Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurological condition that progressively turns the body into a vegetative state. She was then kept alive at their family home with ventilation equipment and a feeding tube."

Wang Han began to frown. "But several months ago, Miss Su Jia suddenly got up from the bed and recovered from her illness. ALS is known to be incurable and fatal. We're still investigating how Miss Su Jia could suddenly be cured, but the main guess is that her doctor made a misdiagnosis."

Lin Yitian got out of the bed, took one of the pillows, and gently rearranged Song Jia's sleeping position so that she would be more comfortable. His hand brushed her hair away from her face, long fingers slowly stroking her cheek.

"Don't talk so loudly, Jia is still asleep."

He then went out of the room with Wang Han deferentially following him.

The hallway outside their room was quiet and empty. This was the floor where most V.I.P. patients of the hospital were being kept, but Wang Han managed to clear them out and transfer them to a different ward in a short amount of time. It could be seen how much power the Lin family held just by this simple gesture.

Lin Yitian walked over to the window and stared out into space. "How long is the life expectancy of someone diagnosed with ALS?"

"Second young master, the average life expectancy is two to five years, but generally the prognosis isn't good."

Lin Yitian leaned against the window, the moon casting shadows over his expression. "Jia isn't my original fiancée."

It wasn't a question.

He had already guessed the truth inside his heart. When he once said that he didn't like her name 'Su Qi,' she immediately told him to call her 'Jia.' Nine times out of ten, that was her real name, and the one he had been living with was the other twin sister, Su Jia.

Wang Han inwardly trembled. These Su sisters truly ate a leopard's gall, to have the courage to deceive his second young master. However, he couldn't help but applaud them too. If not for his second young master having a discerning eye, he wouldn't have discovered the swap in time.

Lin Yitian himself didn't care about Song Jia deceiving him. If they hadn't swapped, he wouldn't have met her. He was more concerned about her having some sort of disease. Just hearing the words 'incurable' and 'fatal' made his chest feel a sharp pain, as if he was being stabbed by a knife.

"What are the chances of Jia having ALS?"

"Not high, in fact, it's almost impossible for Miss Su to have this disease. According to the data we gathered, she would have been suffering from ALS for three years now. If Miss Su truly had this disease, she should have been unable to talk, eat, and drink, even needing machines to help her breathe. Worst case scenario, she would have already been..."

Dead, Wang Han was about to say, when a fist sent him stumbling backwards towards the wall. The force wasn't light, nearly breaking his jaw.

Lin Yitian didn't hesitate at all. Just hearing someone associating Song Jia with death made the viciousness inside him explode. His aura that was thick with violence made Wang Han turn instantly sober.

He immediately straightened his back and clutching his jaw, he bowed his head and said, "Second young master, I was wrong."

Wang Han knew it didn't matter whether he was at fault or not. People in the autism spectrum disorder find it difficult to feel empathy or concern for others, and they were also very quick get angry. That was why it was difficult for parents to have children with ASD, as the love they gave might never be reciprocated.

For Lin Yitian to have invested all of his emotions towards Miss Su Jia, Wang Han knew how much of a miracle it was. He should have known better than to use words that could trigger the second young master.

"Find the best specialist to test Jia for the disease," Lin Yitian said, as soon as his emotions calmed down. "Offer them the best incentives, and it doesn't matter how much it costs. If they're abroad, book them the most direct flight. If they don't agree, tell them to give me a call and I'll personally negotiate."

Lin Yitian hated all kinds of social interactions. But for Jia, he found that it almost seemed like the easiest thing in the world.

"Yes, second young master."

Lin Yitian looked at Wang Han's blood that had splattered the floor. After a second, he said, "Also, go to the doctor and let him check your injury."

Wang Han's eyes widened a bit before he bowed his head even lower, "Yes, second young master."

It was the first time Lin Yitian had showed his concern for him. Wang Han felt tears well up in his eyes. His second young master had truly grown up.

As soon as Wang Han left, Lin Yitian felt the phone in his pocket vibrate. He looked at the screen ID and his face became a bit pale.