190 Vixen Above, Mensao Below (4)

There were only a few people inside the elevator. However, the moment Song Jia entered, they subtly stepped away. One child tugged at his mother's hand and complained, "Mommy, she smells so bad!"

Song Jia, "..."

That's right, she was still soaked in dirty mop water. Without a single change in her expression, she started putting on Ye Minzhe's blazer that was still hanging around her shoulders. Really, that brat needs to be taught a lesson...

When Song Jia arrived at the Health Center's reception area, her arms were hugging her stomach. She told the nurse on duty that she was having severe period cramps.

"Alright, I'll go and tell the doctor, please wait here for a second."

"Can I lie down on a bed for a while? It's really painful."

The nurse saw the school crest on her her uniform and didn't dare to disagree.

"Then, you can go and lie down inside the resting area for a while."

"Thank you very much!"

Song Jia went towards the resting area and started pulling the curtains that partitioned each bed.

"Ahh!"

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

"Eeek!"

Song Jia observed each patient for bites and severe wounds, not even blinking once at their screams. When she pulled away the curtains on the last bed, she was surprised to find Ouyang Che.

"Who dares to—Ye Jia?!"

He was bandaging his leg where Ye Minzhe had kicked him. Song Jia didn't reply and simply dragged the curtains back to hide him again.

It seemed that patient zero wasn't currently inside the infirmary. Did she have to steal the patient records?

"Oy!" Ouyang Che pulled the curtains back to reveal his angry face. "Did you just ignore me?"

Song Jia tapped her chin with her index finger as she tried to think of a way to get around the nurse. Would the Ye surname scare the nurse enough to betray patient confidentiality?

"Ye Jia!" Ouyang Che shouted, limping towards her. "Don't look down on me!"

No, she couldn't draw attention to herself. She had to steal those patient records without anyone noticing.

"Ye Jia, are you blind as well as deaf?!"

Song Jia suddenly turned around and rammed her knee at Ouyang Che's stomach, making the older boy crumple to his knees with a groan.

"You're too noisy, I can't think properly." She held his shoulders down as Ouyang Che gasped for breath on all fours.

"Ouyang Che, you're the heir to the Ouyang Corporation, right? Hotels, malls, restaurants, your family owns all of these. Help me a little."

"Ye Jia...you dared...you just wait..."

"Why wouldn't I dare? Because you're the heir to the Ouyang Corporation?"

Ouyang Che glared up at her. "Since you know, you still dare to treat me like this? Do you think Ye Minzhe would help you? Ye Jia, he hates you the most!"

"Ouyang Che, which company heir were you again?" As if she had forgotten, Song Jia asked him. It was as if her mind had filtered everything else he had said.

Ouyang Che gritted his teeth. This girl was just toying with him!

"I'm the heir to the Ouyang Corporation!" he shouted at her, veins bulging from his neck. "Ye Jia, are you trying to pretend to be ignorant now?"

"What did you say? I didn't hear you."

Ouyang Che almost vomited blood from suppressed anger. Who among their class didn't know who he was?

"I'm the heir to the Ouyang Corporation!" he roared at her. If his stomach wasn't hurting from her jab earlier, he would have certainly made her regret insulting him!

"Yes, I remember now."

Song Jia watched as various nurses and doctors came hurrying forward due to the commotion that they were making. With how loudly Ouyang Che was shouting, who wouldn't be able to hear his words? Judging by their pale and nervous faces, they had heard his words loud and clear.

"My friend's suffering from stomachache, can you help him?" Song Jia's earlier expression of being a kung pao chicken [1] disappeared and was replaced with concern.

"Ah yes, yes." The doctor wiped away his sweat and barked to the nurse beside him, "What are you waiting for? Support the young master back to bed!"

Song Jia watched as various nurses and two doctors personally went to attend to Ouyang Che. Without anyone noticing, she quickly slipped away from the room.

Because there were only a limited number of healthcare workers that could board the ship, most of the Health Center had been left empty to tend to Ouyang Che. Song Jia checked various offices before finally seeing where the patients' charts were located. Song Jia bit her lower lip as she flipped through their papers.

"An allergic reaction...a splinter...fever, headache, a stye...an avulsion injury due to..."

Song Jia's eyes widened. An avulsion injury due to a human bite!

This was it! This was patient zero!

She looked up the patient's name, and was surprised to find it familiar.

"Tan Peng...where did I hear that name before?"

Song Jia didn't have any time to think more deeply. She heard a set of footsteps coming closer to her location. She put back the stack of charts from where she found them and quickly left the office.

Walking away from the Health Center, Song Jia tapped her finger on her chin as she tried to think of why the name Tan Peng was so familiar to her.

"Tan Peng, Tan Peng...Tan Peng!" Song Jia abruptly stopped. "The intercom announcer!"

He was a ship crew member!

From the cruise ship's layout map she had seen before, she knew crew members had their accommodations on the second to the lowest deck, deck 0, or below the sea level, deck 1 and 2. Luckily, she was on deck 3, which wasn't far.

Song Jia went to the elevators and jabbed the button with her finger impatiently. She had to stop the outbreak from occurring on the ship. Otherwise...

She slid into the elevator as soon as the doors opened, but before she could even press the number for the ground level, a hand grabbed her wrist.

"Miss Ye, didn't I tell you not to seek out trouble? Or are you really just that hungry for attention?"

Song Jia glanced up in surprise. She didn't expect to meet with him again.

"Teacher?"

[1] Ch. idiom from Ding Baozhen, a governor with the title of a palace guard (gong bao). Meaning to just sit back and watch.