Birthday surprise pt. 2

Start from the beginning

Looking back at him, I lowered my hands as all my worries left; all my doubt left. I only felt love and butterflies. A whole lot of butterflies and a rush of emotions that made my eyes well up ith tears.

"Oh, Jay..." I chocked with trembling lips.

I couldn't believe he asked me to marry him. He wants to marry me. He did it. He... loves me.

"You... you don't have to! See, that's why I didn't want to do it there, because it was... it's too early I know but then again I love you so much and we are thinking about a baby... or... were. And I... I had this impulse that... I saw this ring and I couldn't... It seemed so perfect; look!"

His hands were shaking as he popped the small box open to reveal a beautiful golden lotus flower ring with an amazing diamond in the center of it; just like my earrings, but the stone was much larger and it had a beautiful blue hue to it.

I was ready to jump into his arms and say yes a hundred times, but he continued.

"It just... it looked so perfect..." he sighed, looking up to me. "I was thinking it... it would be so perfect for you and..."

"Jay, hey, what about you take a deep breath and I answer your question?" I asked gently.

I have seen him nervous but this was a new level.

He just nodded, stepping back uncertainly, holding the small box.

"I would love to marry you. Without a doubt," I smiled wide, and as I said it out loud, Jared let out a deep breath with a nod, and picking the ring out of the box, he took my hand and pulled the ring onto my finger.

And in that moment as the engagement ring twinkled in the light it all became real.

I'm engaged. The love of my life chose me. I never in a million years would have thought he wants to do something like this.

I pressed my lips as my tears fell.

"It is perfect," I whispered.

"It's... it fits you," his voice was low and raspy and when I looked up to him I saw tears streaming down his face as he bit his lip, looking at my ring.

I was speechless.

"You... you did want me to say yes, right? Or... I can take it back, just please don't cry," I tried to joke as my own tears ran down my cheeks, seeing him so emotional; his blue eyes so bright and twinkled just like my diamond ring as his tears made them look out of this world.

"Fuck off and come here, you," he roared as he pulled me into a tight hug, grabbing into my hair. "I love you, baby," he whispered. "You make my every day brighter; you are the only person I can imagine the rest of my life with. The only person I need. You are MY person. Thank you for saving me again and again."

"I love you too," I muttered into his neck as I peeked to my ring and breathed deep.

I just couldn't believe he did it.

Pulling away, he caressed my face then pecked my lips.

"And you are my everything," I whispered, cupping his face, then gently stroked his hair back which was damp from sweat.

He smiled back, closing his eyes by the touches as he sighed, calming down slowly, wiping his teary face.

"Why were you so nervous? You know best how much I love you, " I asked as I kept caressing his hair.

"Because, I know you are not the marrying type and I didn't want to put you into a situation where you are forced to do something you don't want to. That's why I didn't go with it at the table either. I didn't know I was going to be this ridiculously nervous, I... totally ruined it," he shook his head. "I even forgot to kneel down!" He threw his head back as he just realized.