Chapter 43 - The Fragrant Coat

Start from the beginning

"Sure! What's your name, by the way?" Hoseok asked.

"My name is Go Tae-seob but I'd rather be called Holland."

"It's nice to meet you Holland!"

"Thank you so much for the picture! I'm hoping to become a K-pop idol just like you!" Holland announced.

"You can definitely do it! I'm rooting for you! Fighting!" Hoseok encouraged.

Watching Holland walk away, Hoseok smiled to himself, "I'm glad I stayed with the group..."

...

"You seem happy, Holland~ What happened?" Holland's partner asked.

"I met J-hope~!" Holland declared in glee.

"What?! You mean...from BTS?!" His partner questioned in shock as Holland nodded, "W-was he handsome in person?"

"Of course! He's the dazzling sun!" Holland announced watching his partner's slight frown, "But no one can compare to you, Jaeseok~" Holland said, rubbing his nose on Jaeseok's cheek.

Jaeseok gently took Holland's chin and planted a kiss on his lips, "I love you~".

Year 2015

"I had a nightmare last night!" Taehyung blurted as the group sat down for breakfast.

"What was it?" Jungkook said, stuffing his face with egg rolls.

"I can't remember much but...there was screaming...and there was this girl, but I couldn't see her face. It looked like I was beating her up..." Taehyung rambled.

"Woah...Taehyung beating up someone...can't imagine it..." Jimin noted, "Don't worry! I'm sure it was just a dream!"

"...Hey guys, I know it's weird to mention this now...but do you ever wonder why we were born with these pendants..." Jin sighed as he stared at it, "I've always thought of removing it but after taking it off one day, it didn't feel right at all."

"Oh! That's the feeling I had too!" Hoseok exclaimed, "I sort of felt kinda...empty...if you know what I mean."

The group agreed together unexpectedly, "I always thought of it as destiny. Like our group right now. It was meant to be~" Namjoon said.

"Definitely. But...I don't know...It feels like I'm waiting for something else. No matter how happy I get...I always feel like my life is missing something...but I don't know what it is." Yoongi confessed.

The room went silent as the boys understood what Yoongi said. There was something missing here...but...what was it? What was this emptiness that wanted to be filled?

"C-come on. It's morning! We have a busy day ahead of us! Let's not get too deep this early." Jin concluded as he resumed eating.

"Yes~"

Year 2017

The name BTS had gradually spread throughout the world. Their new single was a golden success.

The group celebrated, still not sure if they were dreaming or if this was reality. It has been a week since the big announcement of being invited to the BBMAs.

"I'm going to take a walk." Jungkook said, needing a breath of fresh air.

"Eh? But it's raining!" Jimin warned.

"I know~ don't worry! I'll be back soon!" Jungkook reassured.

"Be careful and don't catch a cold! You shouldn't forget about our important performance! We don't want to disappoint everyone!" Taehyung added.

"Do not worry! This performance is important to me too!" Jungkook concluded as he left.

Standing beneath the cooling rain, Jungkook took in a deep breath, trying to calm his nervousness, "Everything is going to be okay."

When he realised the progression they made ever since debut, Jungkook began to cry. He felt so proud of the group. Absolutely grateful for ARMY and everything else that had led up to this important moment.

The longer he stood there, the more drenched he became. His feet remained glued to the concrete pathway.

"Excuse me." An angelic voice interrupted the sound of rain. Just before he turned around, a warm coat draped over his head, "You should hurry home before you catch a cold!" The woman's voice smoothly rang through his ears, causing an intense throb to his heart, 'That voice...'

When he turned around, the woman already ran off in the rain, leaving splashes in her footsteps, "W-wait!"

"She didn't have an umbrella herself...and yet, she gave me her coat?" A sweet smell lingered in the coat as Jungkook stood there bewildered, "Ah! I should hurry home!"

...

Jungkook softly stared at the coat in his hands.

"You should hurry home before you catch a cold!"

His heart thumped at an irregular pace, "That voice...I never heard such a voice but...why do I feel like this?"

༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻

Happy Birthday Park Jimin~!

Again and I shall always repeat this - let us continue to support our handsome, cute Chim Chim and BTS~! ARMY is the absolute best! Always is, always will be~ ♥ ♥ ♥