3.2 || the summer

"It's nice to see you again, Dagmar". Carlos greeted her friendly as he got into the aircraft as well, hoisting his suitcase up in the luggage rack. "Likewise, Carlos". Dagmar smiled at him, missing the boyish grin and the wink he shot at Lando, which caused her boyfriend to scoff. They were traveling from Fairoaks airport to Graz, in Austria. Dagmar was attending her first race ever as Lando's girlfriend and she was curious to have a look behind the scenes of a race. She felt fairly nervous. She wasn't sure if he had shared some things about her with his crew, she knew he wouldn't talk bad about her, but maybe he shared his frustrations or emotions a little and she didn't know how his team would look at her now. The media team, Charlotte, Helen and Lucinda had been just as friendly to her as Carlos was, so she assumed everything would be fine. "The flight is about four hours". Lando broke her train of thoughts and she nodded. "Alright". Dagmar padded the book in her lap and a pout showed up on his face. "What?". She asked with a chuckle. "Can't we entertain each other?". He asked. "Like a game, a movie?".

"Four hours long?". She laughed, making Lando glance over at her. "I can't hear you". He said as he put his headphones on and she giggled, shaking her head. The aircraft slowly filled with all of the members of McLaren who were flying out to Spielberg today. They fastened their seatbelts and the pilot announced something before they left the small airport. Dagmar looked out of the window till they were flying above the clouds and then opened her book on her lap, resting her fingers on the ends. Lando looked at her as she her eyes moved over the sentences, seeming to drift away in the story in just a couple seconds time. Lando smiled at the sight and he leaned over to kiss the her cheek, which made her divert her eyes to him and she smiled, making his heart melt in his chest. "I'm really happy that you're joining me". He said, knowing he was distracting her from her book already after five minutes, but he just wanted to say it once more. "I'm happy too". Dagmar replied and looked into his sparkling eyes. Dagmar got bored after reading for an hour or so and she rather leaned her head on his shoulder.

The aircraft staff brought them something to drink halfway and she gladly had a cup of water. Lando had taken his headphones off, his arm had curled around her and his fingers played with some strands of her hair. He kissed her temple as they leaned against each other. Dagmar considered the flight to be quite long and she yawned contently when the plane started to descend. She looked out of the window, seeing the beautiful nature of Austria beneath them. "What's next when we land?". Dagmar turned to Lando and he looked up from his phone. "We go to the hotel to freshen up and we have some dinner tonight, tomorrow is media day, you can come to the track and join our crew's track walk". Lando explained and she nodded. "Everything's fine by me, I'd love to see the circuit though". She said before she looked outside again. The plane softly shook when it touched down on the Austrian airport and they patiently waited till it rolled to its 'parking spot' and they could get out of the aircraft.

Dagmar took her suitcase with her, following Lando out and downstairs. There were minivans ready to take them to their hotel. The sun was shining brightly and it was hot, making her feel relieved she decided to put on a denim skirt without any tights and some sandals, a white off-shoulder shirt tucked into it. The summer had started for her and it started right here in Austria. Lando looked over his shoulder to make sure she was following him and she gave him a small smile in response, brushing her hair out of her face that blew in front of her eyes with the small breeze. Lando let her get into the car first as she sat close to the window, with Lando in the middle and Randy joined them, on the other side of them Lucinda and one of the other engineers. It was a tight sit for a moment, but everyone managed to get into one of the vans and they drove off. It was late in the afternoon by now, but the sun was still shining brightly and the traffic was quite busy on the way. Dagmar was enjoying the view from the windows of the car and Lando rested his hand on her knee meanwhile. Everyone was quiet as Lucinda was on the phone already and Randy leaned back to take a nap.