1.0 || the present

Dagmar absolutely enjoyed her week spent in Oslo. She was happy to be back in her city of birth, to pay with familiar currency and to speak in her mother tongue. She enjoyed the nature of Norway and even though the country was a lot colder, she embraced the snow and the freezing weather it offered and she absolutely appreciated eating with her parents and her sister the whole week, which costed her nothing. Dagmar had chatted with her sister about the whole downloading of Tinder and matching up with Lando who she thought was a catfish. Lando and Dagmar had been chatting throughout the days as well, discussing what they have done during Christmas. Lando spend some days with his family in Glastonbury before traveling to Dubai with some friends. Dagmar send some pictures over from snowy Oslo and Lando replied that he would find that way too cold.

He called her during the last day of the year and wished her a great party for the night. Dagmar had smiled the whole time, admiring that he called her for that. They hadn't been talking for a long time, yet the few minutes had been enough to convince them both that they wanted to meet each other again when they were back in London. Dagmar had celebrated the New Year in cozy circumstances outside in the snow, lights all around while the fireworks exploded in the air and she held a glass of wine in her hands while seated close to the fire that was made. And then... It was back to the normal life. Back to the rhythm. Dagmar flew back to London on the third of January. Her classes started again on the sixth, so she had a couple days to adjust into the pattern of unpacking. She wasn't stressing much. She had a week of recap-seminars and then two weeks off with three exams to study for and eventually to make. And then the second semester of the year was already starting.

Dagmar took the high speed train from London Heathrow to Paddington station, taking the tube from there to Oxford street. The rainy streets of London made her feel home right away. She held the keys of her door clenched between her fingers and she typed in the code of the building's door to get in. Dagmar dragged her suitcase behind her and got into the elevator to reach her floor. She reminded herself to let her family know her trip was safe and she just got back home. On her way to her apartment, she came across the administrator who had his office downstairs. "Oh, hey Dagmar". He greeted her. "I knew you'd come back home today. I just left a package at your door that came in last week". He let her know and she was about to ask from who it was, yet he already dribbled down the stairs again. "Thanks". Dagmar muttered and she moved further till she reached her door. She picked up the bag that hung on the door handle. It was closed with some tape and she was curious to see what it was. Maybe Sarah left her a present for Christmas.

Dagmar unlocked her door and she pushed it open, rolling her trolley in first and then pulling the bag from the handle. She let the door fall close behind her and she rolled her suitcase further into her room. Dagmar passed the heating system first, turning it up to warm up her cold apartment. She slipped her arms out of her jacket and put it up on the coatrack. Dagmar crew curious for what was in the bag now and she put it on the table. She took some scissors to cut the tape open and she reached into the bag. She pulled out a small box and she found a card on the bottom of the bag. Dagmar reached into the bag again to take it out, smiling at the cute, glittery Christmas card she held in her hand. She turned it around to see the written message on it, the script surprisingly neat.

Dearest Dagmar,
A present for Christmas. Which is probably a week or so overdue when you get home, but it's the thought that matters :).
Lando.

Dagmar's smile grew and she unwrapped the paper from the box to see what the present was. Her eyes glided over the Bulgari box that was revealed. She felt curious yet anxious to open the box, knowing that whatever it would be, had been very expensive. Dagmar opened the box and the glistening necklace laid there on the velvet background. The rose gold clover covered with some sparkling diamonds. It was absolutely stunning.