𝟐𝟗. 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃

Start from the beginning

The only reason Stiles knew this was because of the fact that he had to go through this door once during his sophomore year when Derek had shoved him down there for his protection from the villain of the week. Of course, he went down there and listened in to make sure they didn't need his help, as he was still pretending to be the weak human.

Lydia opened the door and stepped down the stairs toward the basement. She was still tense, making Stiles pull out his pen just in case. Neither of them knew what they were going to find, and Stiles didn't want to jinx anything and say they were just walking into an empty basement. The lights flickered on the way down to the very deep part of the basement, which was so dark that Stiles had to use his hellfire to give them some light.

Ever since he figured out he was fighting against one of his own, another demigod, he had begun to use his father's abilities more and more. He let his hellfire come out a lot more and used the very peculiar abilities he had that would have him hunted down by the Avengers if they were real.

The demigod let out a breath as Lydia suddenly stopped inside the basement. Her hand reached forward and pulled on a string that could be seen lightly through the air from the light of Stiles' hellfire. When the string went back up bright lights turned on around them. The basement was different than where you would find the school's water system and things like that, the basement was more of a place for decoration and storage. So when the lights turned on and Stiles found that the basement was covered from head-to-toe in blood he lightly gasped. His pen was slowly placed back in his pocket just as Lydia was breaking out of her trance and looking around the room herself.
Her hand went to her mouth to cover that horrified gasp that escaped her. She turned straight into the arms of Stiles who rubbed her back and tightened his grip the longer he looked at the room. There were two bodies laying on each other two feet from where they were standing, a giant puddle of dried blood staining the floor. Stiles' eyes trained on the way that the bodies looked completely destroyed. The bodies were covered in slashes deep enough to kill a regular human, so he could only conclude that these corpses weren't regular humans.

"Stiles... I- They-?"

The demigod shushed the banshee in his arms, his eyes finally following the trail of blood drips that led to the wall right in front of them. His brows furrowed and his mouth quirked in a menacing sneer that never reached Lydia's sensitive ears. If anyone else were inside the basement with them they could've easily choked from the threatening air that surrounded Stiles. Lydia was finding it hard to breathe herself, but she didn't know if it was because she had found more dead bodies or if it had to do with Stiles who always seemed to be there for her lean on when she did find the dead bodies. Not that she was complaining, she deeply appreciated always having someone to lean on when she was in distress.

"Come on, Lyds. Go upstairs while I check this out. Okay?"

Lydia nodded as firmly as she could into the chest of Stiles. He rubbed her back all the way to the edge of the first stair leading up the staircase, encouraging her to walk up by herself and leave him to check out their newest crime scene. Her eyes looked past him for a few seconds, making her freak out again. She had never been led to bodies that looked like that before. She had never seen something so gruesome and she was wondering how Stiles was holding it all in.

Stiles nodded as his hand left the small of Lydia's back to push at her shoulder to make her look up the staircase instead of behind him at the dead bodies. "Go, Lydia. I'll call Derek."

"What about- Scott?"

Stiles could tell she couldn't handle another second of being down there and lightly tapped her back, getting it through her head to walk up the stairs. "I'll tell him at the pack meeting tonight, okay? Go up and go home. Take someone with you if you do as well, okay?"