Frustration

"What do you mean you're one of them?" Foxie's eyes got big and she shifted away from him.

He sat down. "I used to be among them, before he was in charge. There used to be a loving Emperor... but he took over by force. He had an army, they thought they were helping but they weren't, and by the time they realized, it was too late... So I ran through a rift, and I ended up here. I took on the form of a human so I could blend in, and I would never be found... but I guess that's all changed now. I can train you to defeat him, it will return both of our dimensions to peace."

Foxie took a deep breath. "Okay. I'll do it..."

Several days had passed with them secretly training in their dorm. Foxie was becoming more skilled, more powerful. But that was only part of the story. She might have been able to get physically ready, but she was far from mentally ready.

"Hey, you don't seem like yourself recently." Haru sat next to her after their newest training session.

"I'm.. fine."

"Foxie, talk to me."

"I said I'm fine!" she got up and went outside.

"Did I do something?" Haru thought to himself. He shrugged and moved on to something else.

Foxie sat on a bench, looking down. "Don't be scared of the dark... Erida tee elpida gara od varu... Don't be scared of the dark... Erida tee elpida gara od varu..."

People were staring at her, but she ignored them. She was focused on recalling her memories, from her old dimension. Why couldn't she remember anything else, except for that? The one memory of someone else's voice... She got back up to go see Haru and apologize.

She opened the dorm door. "Haru, I'm sorry for yelling!"

He sat up. "It's alright, I was worried about you. What happened?"

She sighed. "Some of the stuff I remembered, it was getting to me... Ugh, I'm such a mess."

"You can't hold on to your past, you have to let it go like I did."

"But how do I let go of something that changed my life?"

"You have to focus on what did happen, not what could have been. You're safe from them now."

"I guess you're right... I'll try.."

"Good, and remember, I'm here for you."

She smiled at that, and went to sleep.