Chapter 21: Love the Void

<-EDITED->

*Acacia*

"Alright, a veggie skillet for the young lady," the waiter said, setting my food down in front of me, along with my drink. "And a lemonade. Careful with the skillet, it's still hot."

I nodded. "Thank you," I smiled.

"And for the gentleman, a club sandwich with a coke," he said, setting down Andy's food. "Anything else I can get you folks?"

"We're fine for now, thanks," I said and Andy nodded.

"Alright, if you need anything just let me know," he said as he set down some straws and extra napkins for us.

"Thank you," Andy nodded as the waiter left and we started to eat.

We decided to go to a Denny's that was a 2 block walk from the hotel. So far, it's actually been okay. Andy and I mostly talked about the tour, movies we've seen, childhood stories, nothing really specific.

Getting to know him, he was actually a nice, decent guy. A bit stubborn and a little too proud, but his heart seems to be in the right place.

How did someone like him ever end up with someone like Juliet in the first place? They're just so.... Different.....

"So... I'm curious," he asked, wiping his mouth with a napkin as I sipped my drink. "How come your brothers took a path in music but you didn't?"

I shrugged. "Don't get me wrong, I love music as much as they do, and grew up learning about it, but I just felt more comfortable behind the scenes, usually behind the camera lens. They were the image that people wanted to see."

"But come on, what you showed off that night when that pianist fell sick, you are definitely way more than some Frankie Jonas," he said. "Your brothers' fans practically see you as royalty like your brothers, you have a lot of talent with the keys, you can also sing...."

I chuckled. "Holding a camera had always been more comfortable to me than a microphone or guitar," I said. "I gave it a break to see if I worked well at sound production though."

"How'd it go?" he asked.

"Well, Boom Boom Room: Side A came out pretty well, didn't it?" I said with a smirk.

"You produced it!?" he asked, shocked.

"No no, of course not, I only helped a little bit," I laughed. "I just did a bit of the editing and tweaking with Emerson on a few songs, that's all."

"That's so cool," he smiled as he ate a fry. "Maybe I can ask you to help out with the next BVB or Andy Black album."

I laughed and shrugged. "We'll see."

He smiled. "So, you'll be starting college soon, right?"

"Yep. One week," I said.

"Cool. It was for music production, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I'll also be taking a photography class, too," I said, taking another bite of my food.

"Cool. If its okay to ask... What about that guy?" He asked. "Your ex? Won't he be in that same school....?"

I stopped and sighed, looking down. "I heard he ended up applying to another college, but... I don't know how it's going to go...." I said.

He frowned. "I'm sorry..."

I sighed. "No, its alright," I said. "He's out of my life, I have moved on, and that's all that matters. Honestly, though, I don't think I'd even want to consider dating for a good while..."