Chapter 24: Fucking With My Head

*Acacia*

"What are you thinking?" Shy asked me.

I sighed as I laid in my bed, her next to me as I messed around with the galaxy light orb Vanessa got me.

Our day at the fair somehow ended up well, despite mine and Andy's little..... Incident.....

We all headed to my home afterwards for some birthday cake and after they every one headed home.

The next morning, though, is when Shy came into my room and confronted me about it. Thankfully,she swore to keep it between us, and only she and Jinxx saw us.

She also said Jinxx was going to apparently give Andy a stern talking to.

"I-I don't know...." I said, and groaned as I held my head. "This is all giving me a headache...."

"Be honest with me?" she asked, looking over at me. "I promise, I wont tell Emerson, or your other brothers for that matter..."

I sighed as I turned around on my side to look at her.

"Honestly.... I don't not trust him...." I said. "I don't know if that makes sense....."

She rolled over so she faced me. "Its an upgrade from giving him hell if you ask me..."

I sighed and looked down. "What am I going to do about this, Shy? I mean... I know what this can lead to and it won't end well, I know it.... But... I don't know....."

She looked at me. "But... Do you actually like him? She asked. "Like... You know... Like like...?"

I gulped nervously. "I'm not sure.... I think... Maybe I do....? I don't know...."

She nodded in understanding, as if thinking something, but then sighed. "You know... I don't like the idea... But..... Maybe you should talk to him....."

I looked up at her.

"It'll help clear up whatever is going on between you both," she said.

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah.... Honestly this all kind of worries me.... He worries me.... He's not exactly a good man, Acacia... It'sreally hard to trust him."

"I know...." I mumbled, then looked up at her. "Can you promise you won't tell Emerson or my brothers anything?"

She nodded, holding my hand. "Of course," she assured.

I smiled as I pulled her into a hug, and she hugged me back as we cuddle close to each other.

Shy became like an older sister to me... Something I didn't really have growing up.

Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers more than anything, always will. Yet, there have been many times I always wished I had a sister, older or younger than me.

Growing up with 3 older boys was obviously insane, and I wished I had another girl to relate with, both biologically and psychologically.

When I met Adelle and Vanessa in elementary school, I felt close to that sort of feeling, and then meeting Shy and Larisa helped as well, since they offered me a lot of guidance and always looked out for me like older sisters.

"We should probably be up soon," Shy said. "You gott be at the police station to file that restraining order..."

I sighed and nodded. "Would it really do any good?"

"Hm?" She asked

"A piece of paper isn't gonna stop him if he tries to hurt me.... Lots of girls do what I'm doing and still end up hurt... Or worse..." I said softly.