Chapter 18: My Sweetness

<-EDITED->

⚠️Warning: Scene contains SLIGHT MENTIONS of both body dysmorphia and childhood abuse/trauma. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

~~~~~

*Acacia*

I sat at the dresser, observing the pink rose bouquet that was sent to me, deep in thought.

We ate dinner despite the surprise of the bouquet, but I could tell this didn't sit so well with my brothers.

I took them to my room and managed to find a bottle big enough to put them in water, changed into my pajamas and a robe.

Everyone else was in the living room watching more movies or had gone to bed.

Meanwhile, here I was, ready for bed but lost in thought

Why would Andy send me this? How did he know these are my favorites?

I took one of the roses from the vase and softly smelled it, when suddenly...

"You're thinking about him... Aren't you?" Emerson said, speaking in his secret language, as I turn to him.

I sighed, troubled as I looked back at the rose in my hand. "With this gift, big brother, how can I not?" I asked, responding in the language.

Emerson invented his own alphabet and secret language, which is similar to Japanese. He taught it to me and now, whenever there is a serious conversation between us and only us, we speak it. He mostly taught it to me, but Sebastian and Remington only know a few words and phrases.

If he's speaking it now, it means its really serious.

"I never trusted him... Not even when Remington started to work with him in that weird rockstar movie," he said, walking in, closing the door. "The fact that he's sending our little sister her favorite flowers and gifts has me feeling uneasy....."

"I don't know, it.... It seem somewhat harmless, though...." I said, looking at the rose in my hands.

He then turned me around, a serious look in his face.

"He's still married, Acacia...." he said sternly, now in English. "Problems or not, taking a break or not, its still unfaithful in his part, and risks making you a target for his fanbase, where the vast majority of them are just nasty, horrible,  rude and toxic and and practically just bully and torment anyone and everyone who don't even agree with them about him or Juliet for that matter. I've seen them attack people for even taking a selfie with him."

 I sighed, looking down, knowing he was right.

"That is the last thing I want for you, is being exposed to thi s ."

"I am aware of the consequences of even talking to him, Em," I said, also in English. "Which is why this has me confused and worried in many ways."

I got up, putting the rose aside, and paced the room a little, Emerson watching me.

"I came along on this tour for peace of mind... To be with my brothers and forget about that tragic and humiliating heartbreak," I said, scoffing as I looked at the flowers. "Tonight, for a while, for just a short while, I actually forgot all of my problems, I was able to breathe..... 

He looked at me as I sighed in frustration.

"Now..... Now I have this..." I said, motioning to the flowers. "I never asked for this...."