CHAPTER 42

42—Harry Styles

I have attended a fair share of weddings in my life, whether they were for friends or complete strangers who invited me to simply have me there as it either looked good for reputation or they really wished to keep in touch with me for business reasons. One thing has to be said, though, and that's to do with the fact that this wedding had to be one of the best ones I've been to yet.

My wedding was going to be the greatest, of course, there was no doubt about it in my mind.

Leila Grace sat on my hip in her light olive dress, buttoned down on her back and it followed an A shape towards the end. White frills sat around her neck and the bow in her hair matched in colour. I was talking to Niall while she laid her head on my shoulder, finding the material of my grey suit to be soft and comfortable for her cheek. Her fingers were wrapped around my tie, flicking the folded down collar of my blue shirt here and there. I had a matching vest buttoned under my blazer and my trousers were the same in colour, cuffed around the ankles to reveal the pine green coloured socks I wore. My feet were hidden in Gucci shoes.

"She seems so tired of this already," Niall laughed with the beer in one hand, the other hidden in his pocket.

"Missed her second nap today, so I reckon that's the issue," I mentioned as I hoisted her up a little, fiddling until I found her feet. They were both cold in my hands, she lost her shoes somewhere and I think they were with her mother. "Wanna go find mummy, princess?"

"Mama," she echoed close to my ear, making me smile and lean down to kiss the top of her head.

Excusing us from Niall, I went on an exploring mission to find Renleigh. Not that it should've been as hard as it seemed, because there she was with her heels off and on the floor, the biggest belly I ever did see and the loudest cackle of all the guests. Wearing a green black dress, it fit around her curves like a bloody dream. The material crawled around her neck and the sleeves touched her wrists. On top of that, she wore a dark olive cover up, she called it a cardigan but the material was much too light and see through for that definition. She stood out like a sore thumb and it made me realise why I loved her so much.

"Well, this is a sight, isn't it?" I wondered, chuckling as my brother, fiancée and one of my best friends continued to munch away on finger food and drink to their liking. Specifically requested from Levi and Gemma, Renleigh was supplied all the alcohol-free version of every drink. I suppose anyone else, who preferred those beverages, could also have it but for the most part, I was sure only my lady opted for it.

"Ah, there you are!" April sighed, passing a glass of champagne to me. "Your cousin and best friend get married and you disappear on their big day. It's time to celebrate."

"Thanks, but no thanks," I shook my head, declining the drink. She raised her eyebrow at me in curiosity and I sighed. "I don't want it, April. I'm driving, for one."

"I can drive back," Renleigh shrugged.

"No. We said I'm driving," I responded. "And I don't want to drink when we have Leila here."

"Goodness me—you're not the lad I became friends with," April laughed and Mason joined, even Renleigh cracked a smile but I welcomed hers with love and enjoyed the way she sent me one of those goofy winks. "You're so responsible now, aren't you? Look at what you did with my best mate," she nudged Renleigh, who shrugged with a smug smirk on her face.

"I didn't do anything to him. He simply found himself, didn't you, baby?" she asked me with a smile, reaching her left arm out towards me. Sitting Leila further up on my side, I grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it.