CHAPTER 14

A.N. surprise chapter hehe don't forget to vote and comment!

• • •

14—Harry Styles

This week had to be the longest week of my life.

I worked so much which usually makes the day go by incredibly fast but this week felt like it was dragging. I checked my phone every hour—or maybe every ten minutes—and the time just seemed to not want to go. It was like I was stuck in it and I had no way of getting out of the office or a meeting.

This, of course, all had to do with Renleigh. The fact that she cut off all communication with me because she decided to be petty, made the days go by so fucking slow. In return, I decided to give her the good'ol silent treatment but if it did anything, it made my life harder.

I hated not being with her, whether that was physical or just in contact over the phone or text. So, I did what I thought was kind of a sneaky move and arranged a few people to spend time with her. First, it was my brother and then her brother and finally, Zayn and Charlotte. My girl was smart, I knew she figured out that I was behind the whole thing and when Zayn texted me about it, I chuckled. Of course, she worked it out. It wouldn't have been her if she didn't manage to connect the dots.

Today 12:50 pm

Zayn M: yeah she's fine mate

Zayn M: one thing though and I'm saying this as someone who cares for you both

Zayn M: talk to her when she gets home

Me: why did something happen?

Zayn M: no like I said she is fine but also she is not

Zayn M: it's just some things that you need to sort out with her that I know she'd never bring up because she is stupid like that

Me: she is not stupid

Me: she just doesn't like opening up still which honestly shocks me but it doesn't make her stupid

Me: anyway what are you talking about? did she say anything to you?

Zayn M: she's too in her head about the pregnancy

Zayn M: I overheard her talking to Char and she just feels insecure about the whole thing

Zayn M: I know you two have this weird shit going on this "I'm not talking to you so I won't" but you gotta end it because you know she won't and sit her down and make her tell you how she feels

I didn't quite know how to respond to that. I felt slightly weird listening to her best friend say all of that to me. Clearly, he cared about her a lot and I was happy knowing she had someone so supportive in her life. But I felt so fucking shit when I thought of how I didn't even notice her being insecure during this pregnancy.

To a certain extent, I knew that she wasn't ready for this. We have had conversations about it and we cleared some of the things that we had to. So, to hear it from her friend that she is not doing well with this whole situation made me sad. During times like this, I felt like she still didn't trust me enough to talk to me about how she felt and it made me upset.

I understood why she was reluctant to open up to me. We haven't had the best ride when it came to confiding in the other because I used it against her before. Also, she never had people around her who she could truly trust. Those two experiences mixed up with me on the side chanting that she can tell me anything she wants, probably kind of pressured her.