CHAPTER 17

A.N. hi. sorry for the lack of authors notes but i never know what to say anymore lol. i hope everyone's doing good! i'd love it if you could vote and leave some comments behind since we've been lacking in that department 🥺 cheers!

• • •

17—Renleigh Kensington

Mason's words plus the way my mind worked, did not do me any good for the rest of the day. The thoughts that ran through my head were pretty much just about what happened. It was probably one of the worst things that went down lately. Not just for me, but for Harry, too. Olivia promised us she didn't feel sad about what Mason said to her and she sounded pretty convincing. I feel like Harry could have figured it out if she was lying so when I asked him about it later that night, he reassured me she was telling the truth.

I could tell that even though we had to carry on with our lives, Harry was seemingly upset. The worst part of it all was that I couldn't do anything to make him feel better. Whenever I tried to talk to him and see how he was holding up, he just told me he was fine and then kissed my head and left the room.

So, since it was pretty difficult to talk to him face to face, I resorted to something that I felt like would work.

From: Renleigh Kensington <rkensington@kensingtonandco.com>

To: Harry Styles <harrystyles@styles.co.uk>

Styles,

This is my formal reminder to you about the party I mentioned in our last email. I did not have much information on the location, the date or the time which, looking back on it now, was quite unprofessional of me. However, I now have this and want to share it with you so that you can work your schedule around it and ensure you are able to attend. Your presence is very much needed!

Location: Manchester

Date: Friday, 26th March 2021

Time: 18:30

Perhaps I did not reveal the location specifically but at least you still know the broad location. Which is Manchester. Transport will be sorted for you so no need to worry about it. In case you are wondering about the guestlist, well, that is also something I cannot share with you right now. All you need to know is that you are coming and you will not be alone.

One more thing. The attire is smart-casual so I would say one of your toned-down fancy suits will do.

Any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. I cannot guarantee a response but I will do my best to read it at least.

R. K.

Regards,

Renleigh Kensington,
CEO, Kensington and Co.

His response came quite fast which made me smirk. It reminded me of the old times. I think I genuinely loved emailing him more than texting him. There was something so funny about us acting all professional when deep down we both knew we were pissing about.

From: Harry Styles <harrystyles@styles.co.uk>

To: Renleigh Kensington <rkensington@kensingtonandco.com>

Dear Kensington,

It is not surprising to hear from you although you definitely took your precious time. I appreciate being kept in the loop therefore it is great to finally know more about the party I have been invited to. I, however, have a few of questions.