CHAPTER 12

A.N. last update of 2019! don't forget to vote, comment and stream fine line! kisses xoxo

• • •

12—Harry Styles

Saying goodbye to Renleigh before my trip, was probably the hardest goodbye I had to go through. And that's without me sounding like a wet wipe. We've been away from each other for so much longer than four days yet this time around, it felt so much more difficult to leave her behind.

The fact that we had a baby on the way probably added to my unwillingness to leave and it simply explained it all, too.

I hated that I had to go because I wanted to be with her and the baby through the whole dang process. But I guess this was real life and I had places to be. It wasn't like I would miss much—I was at the last ultrasound and I know that everything is fine with Ren and the baby and things are going the way they should. That gave me a bit of peace of mind although at the same time, I felt like I would worry about them anyway.

On top of that, the idea of my father being in Italy the same time as me stressed me out more than I initially thought it did. I just didn't want to come across him because I haven't spoken to him in almost two months and I knew if I came face to face with him, the first I'd do is scream in his face for being such a useless father figure. Knowing what goes on at home whilst Livvy is there, infuriated me to the point that I couldn't even explain it. Out of the two, my dad used to be the more normal one, the one who made sure we had an alright childhood but lately, he's been making me even more disappointed than usually.

And yes. That is possible.

So, after taking things into my hands, I managed to get my sister to stay with our uncle. Uncle Dave and Vic were fine with the idea, they were actually excited to have another girl in the mansion ruled by boys. That also made me feel so much better because I knew Olivia was in good hands. As for my brother, he didn't live at home, obviously, and he only ever went home to visit our sister so I wasn't too worried about him.

As soon as I landed in Italy, I felt work Harry come out of hiding. It had been a while since I could fully focus on my business which was more my fault than anyone else's so this trip was extremely important for me. I needed it to get back to my usual routine but then I thought of Renleigh and the baby and my willingness to get my shit together, disappeared.

That's how I ended up on FaceTime to her once I got to my hotel. I travelled in sweats so I didn't even bother getting changed to get in bed. It wasn't that we talked a lot because whilst she was in frame and I could see her, she also had her laptop out and on the top of her stomach as she laid on the couch and typed away. The knocking of her fingers against the keyboard was the only sound I heard other than a couple of groans and grunts and the few words we exchanged when she couldn't come up with a better way to phrase what she wanted to get across.

"Why are you working still? I don't understand," I spoke up as I just laid in the bed and watched her. She was so pretty and so fucking hot as she focused on her work but I just didn't seem to grasp why she was so determined to keep herself busy. She had all the time in the world to binge her favourite shows or hang out with Zayn or visit her family. Yet she decided to work instead.

"Why are you not working, hm?" she asked, more so mumbled as she reached to the side and grabbed her glass. Her eyes were still focused on the computer screen as she gulped down the water then got back to typing.

"Good question," I replied.

"Yep," she nodded then rolled her head around, probably to ease the pain in her neck. "God, I wish I didn't feel so uncomfortable all the time."