Chapter 29

Louis' POV

"okay" i replied.

harry sat there in anticipation clearly wanting to know every detail, so that's what i explained to him.

~five years ago~

Everything was going well, we had just finished our tour and me and haz were lazing around in our bed. it felt good to have a lie in.

he was sound asleep. so peaceful and calm. i carefully removed myself from his embrace and put on some joggers before leaving our bedroom, i was going to be the amazing boyfriend that i am and make breakfast in bed.

i headed into the kitchen and started to make avocado on toast for both of us, harry had just introduced me to the green food and i couldn't get enough of it.

i put the two plates on the table with a cup of orange juice for harry and a cup of tea for me. harry doesn't like to be woken up with a hot drink, i learnt that the hard way.

he was pleased with my cooking skills considering the fact that i'm usually clueless on the kitchen and ate his toast in just over 1 minute. i thought i was a fast eater.

soon enough we were happily cuddling while i was scrolling through my instagram and harry was watching me. i saw lotties instagram post and realised that she was in london, harry noticed aswell as he urged me to let us go and surprise her.

we got up and got changed before heading out on a hunt for my sister.

we stopped at a junction, waiting for the light to turn green, soon enough it did and i set off again. everything from then on happened in slow motion. i looked to my left and a car was coming right for us, it was going right for harry. i saw the fear in his eyes. it was terrifying.

i tried to step down on the accelerator but my reaction time must be way to slow because i could already feel the impact of the car smashing into the side of ours. fortunately it mainly hit the back doors and not the front; unfortunately we were still effected. badly.

i looked over to harry who had already passed out. he had blood all over him and so did i.

i can't remember much after that. next thing i knew, i was waking up in a hospital bed with worried faces staring at me.

i was fine, just a few bumps and scratches, or at least that's what i made it out to be. harry on the other hand was not. harry felt a lot more of the impact than i did and he was more likely than not to pass away.

i was there for days, i never left. not because of my injuries but because of harry. on the third day after the accident he woke up. i apologised, i apologised so much that it felt like my tongue was going to fall out. he told me i shouldn't blame myself but deep down i knew that i should. that's why that night, after he fell asleep, both of us squashed up on his hospital bed, i called management.

i was a coward, they said they'd do the hard bit for me. they'd make it easy for me so i didn't have to break up with him myself. i believed them. i even believed them when they said that eleanor could be my friend and help me through this. so that's where i went. eleanor's house.

we didn't do anything, but the press made it out like we did. there must have been hundreds of pictures of me heading in and out of eleanor's house and they were plastered on every website the next day. the worst part is that harry didn't know i had ended our relationship yet. so i decided to do it myself.

over text.

i will never forgive myself for that.