Here Comes Mommy's Birthday II

🎨Hayden

Mom begins to open the gift with clear emotion. When she opens it, both of them are left with their mouths open, Dad begins to turn so red that it seems he is going to explode, and that's when I realize that I have to run.

I don't take two steps when I trip over my own foot. Uncle Dicky would be so disappointed in me if he were here. My Dupain side had to come out right at this moment, which is also a very Dupain thing to happen by the way. It's not only the shame of falling, but the shame of falling at the worst time. Thanks Mommy. I wonder if Granny Talia would still want to recruit me if she saw how clumsy I can be. Granny, lol. The face of fury that she makes when I call her that way is worth it, even If every time I do it she tries to kill me.

Mom seems not to have noticed my fall, completely focused on the gift in front of her. But obviously I was not going to have the same luck with the heir to the league of assassins, who is making a very subtle gesture indicating me not to escape. Curiously, I have seen that gesture more times than I could count, it is nice to notice things that they do as parents in their adolescent versions. I understand now why my uncles always look dumbfounded when they see similarities between us and dad.

"Damian I ... wow. Did you draw it?" Mom is mesmerized admiring her new sketchbook. It's obviously pink, has her initials embroidered, and on the cover it has an original Damian Wayne drawing of her portrait. It's a miracle that it was ready on time, sometimes it is surprising how much one is capable of doing with money.

I've seen over a thousand drawings of Mom made by Dad over the years, but this one is different. She always looks radiant, almost perfect. But this one has a completely different aura. She looks melancholic, strong, but delicate. A chaos of emotions that changes every minute that I keep looking at the drawing. Had the word 'angel' written below the portrait in arabic. I found it adorable so I added it in the cover too.

"I- Yes. A lot of time I have a good shot of your face when we are in class so drawing you seems the most logical thing to do to pass the time." Dad wants to die of shame, that or kill me. Probably both. Mom manages to smile even more and hangs around the red teenager's neck with great happiness. I see him relax in her arms and little by little raises one of his arms to return the hug.

I am about to take advantage of the moment to escape when voices that I have very well learned run down the hall until their green eyes appear in the room. Not good.

"Hayden, we need to go!" Dylan sees the scene and jumps in shock when she understands what they just caused. Daniella covers her mouth with her hand, her eyes go from dad to mom again and again.

"I love those iconic pigtails momma, I need them in my life."

We all slap our foreheads at the comment except Mom who seems about to pass out.

"Dylan Wayne, It wouldn't kill you to be more cautious with what you say."

When Dad finishes talking and realizes that he also talked too much seems he wants to hit himself in the wall. Dyl and I burst out laughing and Dani rolls her eyes.

"Like father like daughter, Am I right or what?"

"Shut up Hayden, you're in enough trouble already."

"Yikes, Let's go back to Dylan. Couldn't you be more unconscious, firecracker?"

"The sad thing is that yes, she can give more." Daniella replies, and Dylan punches our arms.

"One of you three daredevils fix this, Marinette is too pale. And honestly I'm scared that she's not talking or screaming."

Daniella walks a few more steps to face Mom. Calm and collected as always, she watches her carefully, and gives her a small smile.