Here Comes WT

🌸Marinette

Damian Wayne. Shortly after meeting him, I began to understand him. He is stubborn, rude, competitive, defiant, and way to confident.

When the teacher said I would work with him, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. My relationship with him is arguably not the best or the healthiest. Things got so intense when we played dodgeball, we ended up in the principal's office almost every single time, until we were sent to the bench for the remainder of the year.

Most people avoid him, even if they're dying to talk to him. Everyone knows he is not interested and they are not going to risk being the reason for his anger. I've seen him be much more rude to girls who want to flirt with him than to me when we're in the middle of one of our fights.

The very first time I saw him, I was drooling. Jonathan saw me all dazzled and advised me not to think about it, that all the girls at school had tried it before without receiving much more than a no. I really appreciate Jon was there to advise me because honestly being Damian's opponent is better than just being known as one of his groupies. The least I need is to build up that reputation like when everyone knew I liked Adrien.

And that's why his sudden good attitude freaks me out. Carry my backpack, open the door for me, let me get in his car? He barely lets Jon get in.

Luckily or unfortunately, this new side ends quickly, when just half an hour after starting work he is totally annoyed with me.

"How can you not know such basic details?! I thought you were smart, apparently I gave you too much credit."

"Are you done?" People are usually afraid of the tone of his voice, and especially his expressions. But for some reason, he has always been easy for me to read.

All of our discussions are for fun more than anything else. After living for so long in a position where I couldn't speak, and even If I spoke I was not going to be heard, it feels relieving and powerful to be able to speak the way I want and express whatever I need to say, knowing that he will never take it personal.

He nods, I take a deep breath and force him to do the same. "Dames, You know I'm French. Forgive me for not knowing the entire American history by heart, I promise you that I will do my best to get the project out quickly and correctly. I'm not going to slow you down."

Seeing his reaction, I realize he was trying to sting me into arguing on purpose. Apparently I'm not the only one fighting for fun. We have that in common.

Hours later he excuses himself to go find one of his brothers, and when I turn my head I find blue eyes.

🤸🏻‍♂️Hayden

My teenage dad is probably going to kill me, but I can't wait to talk to her. I did not expect to see her teen version during my visit, and I cannot miss the opportunity.

"Do you feel better, bluebell?" Hearing her use her lifelong nickname for me makes me dizzy. Suddenly I just want to run into her arms, but I know I shouldn't.

"Yes, thank you for asking miss. I'm Hayden, Damian's... mm, cousin." Her eyes sparkle with excitement and smiles from ear to ear.

"I love that name! Damian Wayne, Hayden Wayne. Sounds quite similar, the Wayne family must be very extra." She covers her mouth in surprise when she realizes she said the last part out loud, and I can't help a laugh. God, I missed her, and It's only been a day.

"It's okay, we sure are. So, are you Damian's girlfriend?" Mommy is so predictable is not even funny. Kidding, yes it is. Her face turns completely red and for a few seconds she forgets to breathe. Then the stuttering begins.