Here Comes Trouble

🎨Hayden

Dinner was quite... entertaining. The main debate was how the current Bruce Wayne was going to end up becoming the lovable grandfather who helped his granddaughters secretly travel back in time. Since I told him the reason for my visit, he has not stopped frowning, but from time to time he laughs at a comment from the twins.

He knows that the situation must be serious if my parents decided that sending me here was the best option.

One of the highlights of the night was when everyone turned to see Dad and Dani eat. They added the same seasonings at the same time and in the same way, they used the spoon the same, they raised the same finger when drinking, everything was exactly the same.

Dylan and I are already used to that scene but everyone was amazed, they even stopped eating to pay more attention to them. They always make me nervous, really. They look like robots. And they usually behave like one so I don't discount the idea.

I like to see my uncles faces when they discover similarities between dad and us, full of emotion. Is it almost like he raised us? Shocking.

Another interesting moment was when Dyl took Uncle Tim's cup of coffee and sent him to sleep.

"You are not going to drink any more coffee, just by looking at the dark circles in your eyes I can predict that you haven't slept well in two weeks or so. How many cups did you have today? fifteen?"

"What? How can you know?" His face reflected a mixture of surprise, amusement, and intrigue.

"I know you and your horrible habit. So come on, it's time to sleep, Timothy."

He left out a small laugh but accepted the hand of the little twin who dragged him to rest.

Daniella and Uncle Dick started talking about politics, moving their conversation to the living room, and I was left alone with Uncle Jason, Dad, and Grandpa.

"I'm concerned that you being here will negatively impact the future. I honestly don't know if Damian thought things through before sending you here." Uncle Jay laughs and comes to his brother's defense before he or I react.

"Says the one who sent two girls younger than Hayden just to say hi." Dad and I laugh, and Uncle Jay and I bump fists under the table.

"Dad assured me that there will be no problem as long as I do not give too much information about your lives, specifically my uncles who are just taking shape.

I trust him, once he told me what we would do I didn't hesitate for a second, and I'm not going to start now. But I understand your concern grandps, thank you."

Dad looks at me in surprise, and then smiles. As Daniella said, sometimes I can accidentally give Dad a lot of trouble, so I can't always see this smile. The one he does when he's proud.

Before the twins leave, we decided to do an activity together, the one that unanimously won was to play a trick on dad.

We waited for everyone to go on patrol, and we sat together on Dad's bed.

"Double D, lower 5 levels of evil to whatever you are planning, if we make him too angry, he could be able to convince mommy not to have children."

"I don't think he would, his style is more to have us, but give us horrible names and constant torture."

"Wow, that sounds even better, Dan."

We both turn to see Dylan, who is often the mastermind behind the misdeeds around the house. I tend to get in trouble by accident, Dylan always does it on purpose. "Okay, level one then. We can do something classic to screw him up, we know he's a control freak, let's make his morning a little different."