10| Constantine and Constancia

Monday mornings are really the worst.

My kids were both lazy to get up and still can't get over the fun from the weekend. Lalo na dahil nag-sleepover sila nitong Sabado nang gabi sa Lola Mommy at Lolo Daddy nila kasama ang mga pinsan nila. They spent the whole Sunday running around and never run out of activities to enjoy. Kaya naman ngayong Lunes na ay nagrereklamo pa sila na gusto pang matulog at pagod pa.

We have helpers in the house, but I love to take care of my family personally. I cook their meals, prepare their clothes, and before sleeping, I am preparing the kids' lunches.

"Come on, Stace, eat your foods or we'll run late for your class," I cooed on my baby girl. She's almost four but acts like she's still two. She's clingy but it's adorable. I wish for her not to grow up too fast. But I am starting to worry about her behavior. She's as good as my brat sister.

Few months after our renewal of vows, I found out that I am pregnant. I was so scared but excited at the same time. I was forty and having another child never crossed my mind.

Aside from my bad temper, my pregnancy went smoothly. I wasn't overwhelmed by the obligations because my parents were there to support me, both with taking care of my son and the baby in my tummy. Levin also gave the world to me. He never complained on my shitty behavior or my unreasonable requests. One word is all I need and he'll do it.

Medyo natakot pa ako dahil sa edad ko. My mother was thirty nine when she gave birth to Selene, and the baby was not breathing when she came out. Natatakot ako na may masamang mangyari sa baby namin, but thankfully, I gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

We named her Constancia. It kind of sounds like Constantine and we all love the vintage ring on it. We fondly call her 'Stace' or 'Stacey'.

"Morning, babe," Levin went to press a kiss on my temple then bent down to kiss Stace on her hair. He bumped his fist with Stan then went back to me. He wrapped his arms on me then placed his chin on my shoulder. "You look pissed," he whispered.

I huffed. "This girl is throwing a tantrum."

Levin chuckled then squatted to face his daughter.

I think Levin was the happiest when we were told that we're having a girl. He said he always wanted a mini-me. But the baby came out, and she looks exactly like her father. She's a girl version of Levin.

"Hey, sweetie," Levin gently said.

Stacey looked up at her father, mouth twitching. She's really the drama queen, na akala mo ay palagi s'yang inaapi ng mundo. She's a certified daddy's girl and her Dad's spoiling her rotten!

Stacey lifted her hands. Levin chuckled then lifted his daughter up then took his seat to have the princess on his lap. I handed him the food and he started feeding the baby.

Seriously, Stacey is of age to eat on her own! Palagi na naming pinag-aawayan ni Levin ang mga ganitong bagay, but he's always reasoning that he wants to enjoy our kids as much as he still can. Kapag malaki na raw ang mga bata, we don't want to miss doing things like this.

As Levin said, it's better to regret the things you do than to regret the things you never did.

I sighed then I went to Stan. I picked up the comb then started working on my boy's hair. When I'm done, I went back to feeding Stace. Levin has to leave now or he'll miss an important meeting. He can't miss that one because Trey is on an indefinite leave and he's currently filling the role.

"I miss sending the kids to school," Levin sighed then pulled me by the waist. Stace is slowly finishing her milk on a sippy cup while I fix her brown locks. Tinapos ko ang ang pagtatali sa buhok ni Stacey at hinarap ko na ang asawa ko.