7| When The World Falls Into Pieces

I threw the disappointing reports on my table then removed my glasses. "This is not what I am asking, Joy." My jaw clenched as I glared at my secretary.

Joy nervously fidgeted with her fingers. She kept her head bowed down. "M-Ma'am, Mr. Tuazon isn't on his office yet. His EA is trying to contact him but he's not picking up," she reasoned.

"I was asking for the damn report since last week, Joy. Ano, wala si Mr. Tuazon araw-araw since last week?"

"S-Sorry, Ma'am Tria," she sobbed.

I shut my eyes tightly. She's so incompetent. Annoying!

"Out!" I shouted at my poor secretary. She hurriedly went out of my office then gently shut the door behind her.

I slumped myself on my chair then gently massaged my aching temple. I took a deep breath then went back on my work. I got a pile of workload and I can't even get a relief from my stupid secretary!

I raised from my chair then I went on the table by the corner of my office to pour myself a shot of whiskey.

Constantine is now three and I stopped breastfeeding him for almost a year now. I can once again enjoy the comfort of alcohol.

After two shots of whiskey, I went back on my work only to be interrupted by a phone call. I reached for my phone and sighed  when I saw that it's my mother.

"Yes, Mom?" I answered. My hands were still busy typing a reply on Trey's mail.

"I just want to check on you. Kakatulog lang ng anak mo."

"I'm busy, Mom. Tatawagan na lang kita mamaya."

"Are you alright?" Mom asked in a worried tone.

"Yes. I'm fine, but I am busy," I replied.

"Okay. Don't overwork yourself." Mom ended the call.

I put my phone down then resumed drowning myself with work.

My parents are enjoying their retirement by getting themselves busy with Stan and Selene's pregnancy. Recently, they're busy on the house renovation. Dad wants to expand our house for our growing family. Madalas din silang mag-travel sa kung saan-saan. Minsan ay kasama pa kami ni Stan sa kanila.

My life has been perfect until recently.

Levin got a surprise visit from his father three months ago. Mr. McKinsey begged my husband to resume his position on his company. Their company has been crumbling down since they removed my husband as the CEO.

Being the forgiving man he is, Levin forgave his father but said he has to think and discuss the matters with me, my family and AGC.

Levin's doing good at AGC. He's one of the best strategists the company have. He's on par with Trey when it comes to tenacity, creativity, and critical thinking. He's one hell of a tactician, and I realized how much he wasted on playing with our small grocery store. He's been recognized and his skills was acknowledged by the boards. He's a vital part of the company, but I know that he wants to save his family's legacy.

Kahit na ano pa ang nangyari sa pagitan n'ya at ng pamilya n'ya, alam ko na mahalaga kay Levin ang kompanya nila. Matagal n'yang inalagaan ang kompanya na 'yon. I know that he cares for the company and its legacy.

I let him flew back to Manhattan to check on the current situation of the company. It's been two and a half months since he left and I took over his position in the company.

Gamay na gamay na ni Carrack ang posisyon n'ya sa kompanya at hindi na n'ya kailangan ang gabay ko. I have ample of free time for my son until I filled in for my husband's position.