8| I Regret I Said That I Love You

"Babe, are we okay?" Levin asked as he pulled on my arm. He got his thick brows furrowed while looking at me as if I'm the hardest puzzle he encountered in his whole damn life.

"Of course," I said in a stern tone.

Levin lingered his gaze on me for a long while. "I'm not a mind-reader, Tria. If you are upset over something, you have to tell me."

I pulled my arm from him. "We're cool," I simply said then went ahead.

We just sent my parents on the terminal. They have our son with them.

I decided to stay here with my husband after our serious talk with Trey and the rest of the executives of AGC. We're going to buy McKinsey's. It was a week-long meeting, debate, and reasonings.

Levin presented that it's feasible and will be a help on the empire once re-established. He's been doubted that it was for personal interest but Trey backed him up that the points he stressed are well-accounted. After careful study and digging up, we all agreed on a common decision. But we have to reconstruct the organizational structure and everything to AGC's favor.

Levin tailed me until we reached his car. The bodyguard opened the door for us and we drove back to the company.

Since Penelope sent me those pictures with Levin and Lena, I started giving my husband the cold shoulder. It was over a week ago. Maybe he thought that I was just thinking deeply regarding the acquisition. And now he realized that it's not the case.

I don't know what's happening to me. My husband is not cheating, and he's clearly unaware that that Lena was hitting on him. He shrugged the idea off because they're cousins. I should too... but I just can't shake it off.

I want to claw her perfectly made face!

"Pull over and leave us," Levin said in a cold tone.

From looking out the window, I turned to him. He's serious while looking at his driver on the rear view mirror. And in a span of five minutes, we're driving to I-don't-know-where with my husband behind the wheels and me on the shotgun, alone on the SUV and silence defining how 'we are cool'.

"Where are we going?" I asked after another ten minutes of trying to figure out where we are heading. This isn't the way to the office, or our house, or anything familiar at all.

Levin pressed his lips in a thin line. Knuckles white from holding the wheel too tight. My heart leaps with anxiety. I've never seen him mad before.

Levin is the most patient person I know. Well, I saw him getting mad over work, but never about me. He even got the patience for that incompetent Joy. Seeing him pissed right now is kind of ticking me.

"Levin, where are we going?" I repeated, much demanding this time.

"We're seeing Penelope," he replied in an ice-cold voice. "You've been acting differently after you met her."

I chewed on my lip. I know that communication is the best key for a happy marriage. Next to sex, according to Selene.

I took in a deep breath then turned my body towards my husband. "She sent me pictures of you and Lena," I quickly said before I change my mind.

I felt the car slowing down until Levin pulled up in the side of the road. He faced me with an annoyed expression. "Tria, we already talked about it. I told you to shake the idea off. Penelope is just jealous that I got a better life after I was disowned. She's trying to break us, and you're giving her the satisfaction."

"Can you blame me?" I hissed at him. "I saw that Lena is hugging you, trying to be intimate, and she's even kissing you! Cousins don't do that!" I can feel the corner of my eyes warming up. "I should be the only one who can be like that with you! I am your wife! Wala ka dapat ibang hinahayaan na gan'on kalapit sa'yo maliban sa akin!"