9| Through The Years

I got my hands covering my face as I cry.

Fuck. I never knew that Levin can break me this way. It's worse than my first failed relationship. It's far worse than knowing that Frank, the one that promised me forever, married my best friend after I asked him to move our wedding date because my family is going through a hard time.

I thought that we feel the same. I thought that through the years we spent together, we slowly fell in love with each other. He's always the best husband to me. He's always by my side, and he can drop anything in a heartbeat just to stay with me. I was always his priority. I tried not to read his actions, kaya nga matagal bago ko na-realize na pagmamahal ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya. Sana pala hindi ko na lang na-realize.

Because loving someone always entails giving them the power to hurt you.

What will happen to us after this? I was stupid! Why did I confess?

My eyes feel like burning and I am finding it hard to breath when I felt Levin removing my hands from my face.

"Tria, look at me," Levin gently called.

I felt my heart in my throat. I can feel my world breaking apart. And the only thing I want right now is to run away from him. From the pain.

"Babe, please," he said, more gently.

My hands moved on their own. Levin gently pulled on my hands away from my face then put them down on my lap.

It took a while for my blurry vision to adjust. When it registered on my shattered brain what's happening, my lips parted. Levin is on his knees, with a diamond ring on his hand. And he's crying.

"Tria, I've been waiting for you to say those words." Levin smiled through his tears.

My world stood still.

"I never got the chance to give you an engagement ring," he chuckled. "When I thought about it, I bought this ring. That was five years ago, Babe."

"L-Levin..." I brought my hand to my trembling lips.

"When you took me with you for your first ultrasound, that same moment I heard the heartbeat of our angel, realization washed over me. I swore that day that I will always be with you." He smiled then brushed his tears away. "You have no idea how much you made me happy, knowing that a life is starting within you. A life we created together. And that moment, I know that there's no other woman for me but you. You're the mother of my child. You're my wife." He chuckled. "Our marriage was a pragmatic approach for business purposes, but that doesn't change the fact that we're married. We chose each other. Out of all the people on this world, we chose each other."

I smiled then nodded. I chose him. Out of all the practical options I have, I chose him.

"With the sonogram on my coat pocket, I bought this ring." Levin smiled. "And told myself that I'll give this to you on the right time. Love isn't the reason for our exchange of rings, so I want that to be the reason as I slip this ring on your finger. And I waited for years. Thank God, you finally love me." He laughed.

"I-I... I don't know what to say," I admitted. My attention was glued on the ring. It was a pave with three rows of diamonds and a huge oval light pink diamond on its center.

It was a crazy rollercoaster ride of emotions.

I thought he doesn't want my love. I cried out loud as I threw my arms around him. I knelt with him in the floor. "You made me worry!" I said as I hit his chest.

Levin laughed as he pulled me in a tight hug then showered me with his gentle kisses. "I was stunned to hear you said you love me. And when it sank into me, I made a run for the ring. I've been waiting for a long time."