Chapter 7

Taylers POV

I woke up this morning and check my phone. I have three missed calls and one voicemail from Dixie. I listen to her voicemail. "Hey babe it's me... (she sniffles)... ummm I just found out something really important and I need to tell you in person. It's urgent. Please call me back soon." she says. She sounded like she way crying. Is she okay? I call her back. When she picks up I say, "Hi babe, what's wrong , are you okay? What's so important?" "I'd really rather tell you in person." she replies. "Ok, do you want me to fly out there or do you wanna come here?" I ask her. "I mean, I hate to ask, but can you come out here? I think it'll just be better." she says. "Yeah sure, it's ok, I can catch a flight in tomorrow." "Ok, I'll see you then babe." I say. "Yeah I'll see you soon. Love you." she responds. "Love you too." I say before she hangs up. I am really worried about her. What could be this important? I book a flight to Alabama and pack a really light bag since I have my stuff already there. The next morning I get on the flight.

Dixie's POV

Tayler's getting on the plane right now. He should be here in a little bit. I'm, so nervous to tell him. How will he react? What will he do? What are we gonna do?

25 hours ago

I walk into the doctor's office and go up to the desk lady. She asks me fro my first and last name and then hands me a clipboard of paperwork to fill out. She tells me to sit down and fill it out and the give it back. I finish filling it out and hand it back and she says that they will call my name to go in very shortly. I'm looking at instagram on my phone when they call my name. I follow the nurse inside and she tells me to go in a room. She asks me what I'm here for and I tell her that I want to switch my birth control. We talk about the reasons and the recent side effects it's been giving me and she takes some notes. She does some tests, and then I wait for the results so she can see which one should work best fo me. After a while she comes into the room. I look up at her awaiting the results. I'm not worried, I know that there should be nothing wrong. "So, I have some news," she says. Uh oh, this can't be good. "Unfortunately we can't offer to switch your birth control." she says. "Why? Are there no other options?" I ask. "Well no", she says. "You see, those side effects weren't from your birth control. You're pregnant Ms. D'Amelio." I sit there in shock. I stare blankly and my mouth start to go dry. I can feel tears start to well up in my eyes. "I'm, what?" I ask, making sure I heard her correctly. "You're pregnant, your blood test results came back positive." My first thought is automatically Tayler. How is he going to react? Is he going to leave me? What will this mean for his career? Will I still graduate college? What will happen if the public finds out? The nurse interrupts my thoughts. "When was the last time that you had sexual intercourse Ms. D'Amelio?" I think about it. "About a month and a half ago." I say, the last time Tayler came down to Alabama. I can't believe in all of that time I didn't realize that I had missed my period and had pregnancy symptoms. I guess I was so excited about the school year ending that I didn't pay much attention. How could the have happened? We always used protection. I guess it just does. "I suggest you schedule an appointment with your OG-BYN immediately, we can recommend a few." she continues. "Ok, thank you." I say, with a shaky voice. "I do not know if this is a happy occasion or not, but if it is then congratulations and if it is not then we have other recourses that might be helpful." she says with a smile. "Thank you, but I think I will be alright." I respond. Ok, well if you need anything else or have any questions I will be outside doing some paperwork. We will have the doctor come in for a sonogram if that's ok with you." she says. "Yes that's fine." I reply. I feel bad getting the first sonogram without Tayler here but I don't even know if I am going to keep it yet. Will he even want to be a dad? Is he ready? Am I ready?

The doctor soon comes in with the sonogram machine and asks how I am doing. I tell her that I'm alright. She asks me to lie down and lift up my shirt halfway. I do as she asks while she puts some jelly on the wand and turns on the monitor. She tells me that it'll be a little cold, and I wince a little when she rubs it on, because she's not lying, it is a little cold. She rubs the wand around and then stops and points the monitor towards me. "That's your baby." she says. It's so small it looks like a little smudge on the screen. That's when I know that this is real. There is a baby inside of me right now. A part of me and a part of Tayler. I start to cry. "I'm sorry." I say crying. "No need to apologize, It's alright.' she says. "And by the looks of it, you're about six weeks pregnant." she continues. That matches up with my timeline. "Would you like to hear the heartbeat? she asks. I nod my head. I can hear a noise. "Ba-dump, ba-dump, ba-dump." That's when I realize that I might not be able to get rid of this baby.

Tayler's POV

After I get off the plane I stop off to get lunch for the two of us, and then head over to our apartment so I can hear Dixie's urgent news. I step inside and I set the food down. She is waiting for me at the table. I give her a kiss and and then pull her into a hug. We are still hugging when all of a sudden she whispers, "Tayler, I'm pregnant." I let go of her in shock. "You're what?" I ask. "I'm pregnant, and that's the urgent news that I had to tell you." she says much louder this time. I stand there for a bit, processing the information, running my hands through my hair. "When did you find out?" I ask her. "Yesterday, when I was at the doctor to switch my birth control because that's what I though the symptoms were from. "Have you decided what you're gonna do yet?" I ask. "Cuz.,I mean you know I don't necessarily support abortion cuz I'm Christian but I will support any choice that you decide to make. It's your body Dix." She's silent for a second. "I think I'm gonna keep it." she says. "You don't have to stay if you're not ready to be a dad." she says. I'm taken aback. "You seriously think that I would leave you and our kid! No Dix, I love you, and we can do this together. We have gone through so much together and that's not gonna stop now. I will always be by your side. God wouldn't give us this if he knew we weren't ready. We can do this!" I say. She's crying again. She gives me a big hug. Thank you so much baby, I love you too!" she says. "Oh, I almost forgot!" she says and pulls something out of her pocket. "It's my first sonogram." she says. She shows me the picture. I see a little smudge. "That's our baby!" she says with a smile. This time I start to teat up. That's our real baby. "I got to hear it's heartbeat. I wish you were there with me." she says. "Me too." I respond. "You can come to the next one." she says. I'm going to schedule a check up soon. "That's good." I say. I hand her back the sonogram and lean my forehead against hers. "I love you so much!" I say. I kiss her. Then I kneel down and kiss her belly, even though she hasn't even started showing yet. "I love you too, little smudge!" I say. I stand back up and after we calm down we decide to start eating lunch. Then I remember something else really important that I haven't asked yet. "Hey Dix, have you told your family yet?" I ask. "No, I wanted to tell you first," she replies. "Fuck. They're gonna kill us. My mom too." She goes silent and turns red.

Thanks for reading this chapter! Hope you liked it! I'm going to try to put up another chapter this week!

-littlebean:)