Chapter 9

Tayler's POV

We walk into the dining room and sit down next to each other. We are having some nice conversations when Heidi brings out a brownie dessert. Dixie normally loves brownies but I can see her nosescrunch up at the smell of it. I know that recently she's been losing her appetite for things because of the pregnancy. When Heidi notices that Dixie doesn't want any brownies with ice cream, she gets suspicious. We knew that this was the perfect opportunity to tell them. "You don't want any brownies and ice cream Dixie?" "No thank you, I'm ok mom." "Ok..", Heidi responds with a confused look on her face.

Dixie's POV

"Actually mom, we got some really big news to tell you guys. Well, two really big things." My mom looks at us with interest. I look at Tayler to make sure he's ok and he nods. I feel his hand on my thigh from underneath the table and realize I have been shaking my leg the whole time. I am so nervous. "Mom, dad, Charli, I'm pregnant." I said it. It's done. I can see the shock on their faces. Everyone is silent for a bit and then Charli says "I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT!" Tayler and I laugh but my parents are still in shock. Then Tayler says, "We have a plan. We've decided to keep it. We're not going to tell the public about it until after the baby is born, or unless they find out. We're both still going to work and do youtube, and Dixie made me promise she would finish college virtually." My parents look kinda impressed. I think that they thought we wouldn't have a plan. "We're going to move back to LA." I say. "We found a place in one of Loz Feliz's gated communities so we have more privacy, and we just got notified this morning that we got the house." My family's faces light up. "My baby's having a baby!" my mom says. "How far along are you?" "Seven weeks, I reply. "Oh, I'm so happy you're moving back!" I can see my dad go over to hug and congratulate Tayler. "You aren't mad?" I ask them. "Once I heard that you had a plan I was ok because you are both adults and I know that you will both be able to figure this out." I thank her and give everyone hugs. "Just letting you know though, parenting isn't easy!" We all laugh. I give Charli lots of hugs and she's super excited that she gets to become an Aunt. "We get the keys to the house next week and we can show you around. We're gonna start moving in next week too! I was wondering if you could all help?"I say. "Of course!" my family replies. They seem really excited for us, I'm so happy.

This weekend we fly out to Texas to surprise Tayler's family. I have a feeling that she's going to super excited so I get her a shirt that says "best grandma" on it. It's super cute. I think she's gonna love it. Tayler already told his parents about the house in LA, but he hasn't told them we're coming yet. We want it all to be a surprise. Once we get to their house, we ring the doorbell and Wendy answers. "Surprise!" we yell. She gets excited and gives us hugs. We eat lunch with her and put some flowers that we brought her in a vase. We tell her we're only gonna stay for two nights because we have to go back to move into the new house. She seems sad but she understands. Later when we are sitting on the couch talking, I tell her I have a gift for her and give her the box with the shirt inside. She says thank you and opens it. She takes out the shirt and lifts it up and reads it. Her eyes widen. She puts it down and yells. "Oh my god! Are you serious!" I nod, a big smile on my face. "You're pregnant dix?" "Yes!" I say with a big smile on my  face and happy energy on the room. She hugs us and starts to cry. Tayler and I start to get emotional as well. "Thank you for being so supportive Wendy!" I say. "Oh, well, you just made me a grandma!" she says. We laugh. When Tayler's dad gets home we tell him and he congratulates us. He is also super excited.

Once the weekend is over, we call my my parents to tell them that we're going to fly into Alabama instead and pack up all of our necessary stuff into the car and drive back to LA. We've already sold a lot of the furniture and pack up the car once we get there. It takes us about three and a half days to get to LA with all my pee breaks and snack breaks. I don't know how Tayler is so patient with me! We decide to park the car at our house in Los Feliz and uber to my parents because we are too tired to unpack today. We spend the night and uber back to our house in the morning. After we finish unloading the car, the furniture that I ordered online gets delivered. They bring it inside the house so that we don't have to do it. Once we get all some of the furniture in, it starts to look like a real home. At this point Tayler and I both need a little break from each other, so Tayler suggests that he get our bedroom ready so we can sleep there tonight, while I go look for some more decor, and stuff for the nursery. I head over to the mall and go to Target, and Nordstrom. I get some nice rugs and some hooks and shelving for the bathrooms, and a few paintings and signs as wall decor. I also grab some decor pillows for the new couch and some towels to match our bathrooms. While I'm there I also notice that they have a really nice selection of maternity clothes. I make a mental note to come back when I need to buy some. Then I head over to Nordstrom to look at a few of their cribs and changing tables to go in the nursery. Im wearing a hoodie in hopes that nobody recognizes me here as this is a very popular mall, but it is the closest we have to the house.  When I get back to our house, Tayler has set up most of our small furniture, and has just started putting away our personal items. Once we know that we won't need to have the front door open anymore, we go to to pick up daisy from my parents. She looks like she's had a lot of fun. On the way back we pick up takeout and sleep our first night at our new house. I slept the longest I probably ever have and it probably because up the stressful weeks we've had.