Chapter 1

Dixie's POV

4 weeks ago

I went to go visit the hype house members today and then we went out to eat lunch. The sway house also joined. At this point they already knew about me and Griffin dating. Practically the whole world knew. Our relationship was starting to become a pain in the ass, especially with all of the details being broadcasted over social media. After I finished my food Griffin leaned across the table and kissed me, and I made eye contact with Taylor for quick second. I could feel his stare on me. The red creeping up onto my cheeks from the guilt. I kinda ditched him this year. We were really close and I stopped hanging out with him more so I could be with Griffin. I started to wonder if I made the right choice. I liked Tayler a lot, he was my best friend, and he was so funny. I loved being around him. I missed hanging out with him.

I was at the hype house again like normal, and Griffin wasn't here today. Sway and Hype are sorta rivals. They come together when they need to. Tayler acts as the bridge between them even though he's a part of hype, but that's because Bryce and the sway boys love him. It was super hot outside so me and a bunch of other members decided to jump in the pool. The boys starting doing flips off of the roof for their vlog montages and I was hanging out with Addison on the other end so we wouldn't get splashed. Eventually Nate yelled for Tayler and Kelianne to get out so they could film a YouTube video and some other people decided to get out as well. Addison and I stayed and continued our conversation about her and Bryce. I watched Tayler get out of the pool from the corner of my eye. The water was dripping across his abs and "Dixie? Dixie! Earth to Dix?" Someone's voice interrupted my thoughts. Addison's face popped back up into my view. "What are you staring at?" she asked. "I'm not staring." I replied. "Yes you are, you were looking over there by......Tayler?!" Addison said with a little giggle. "What, no Addison, I have a boyfriend!" I said. And yet you were practically drooling over him!" she said. "I was not!"I responded. "Was too!" she said, jumping out of the pool. I stood there thinking for a little while. I wasn't drooling over Tayler, but maybe I could have been?

"Hey, you coming?" Addison asks. "Yeah," I say jumping out of the pool. I get my towel and follow her inside. The trio ( Nate ,Tayler, and Kelianne) was filming their YouTube video outside. It seemed like they were doing a confession video and spilling some tea. All of a sudden I hear a bunch of yelling outside and I go to check it out. I walk outside and everyone's laughing at something. Taylor has this awkward smile on his face. His cheeks are all pink. It looks like he is blushing. He looks cute. Wait I didn't just think that did I? Stop it Dix, he's your best friend!" I tell myself. Well, ex best friend. Then I hear Kelianne say "You didn't say no Tayler!" He then sees me in the crowd and changes the subject abruptly. They went on to the next question. I didn't want to ask anyone what just happened because they all seemed busy, and Tayler was clearly embarrassed. I wondered what they had asked Tayler.

Later, while I'm walking by Nate and Tayler's rooms, I hear an interesting conversation. I think it might be about the awkward question they were all laughing at earlier. I hide next to the door so I can listen. "So Tayler..." Nate says. "Yeah?" he replies. " You know how earlier I asked you if you still had feelings for Dixie and you never answered?" "Yeah." Tayler responds. "Well do you?" Nate asks. "Um, honestly, I don't really know." Tayler says. "Well we were really close, and she's super amazing." Nate gives him a quizzical look. The room goes silent. "You know what, fuck it!" Tayler says. "Yeah, yeah I do Nate, I really like Dixie..., as more than a friend." When he said this I felt like my heart was about to explode. I think that was the moment that I finally decided that I liked Tayler too, as more than a friend. I wanted to tell him that I like him a lot too, I wanted to jump into his arms and kiss him, but I can't. I have a boyfriend. Griffin. I have to break up with him first. Oh boy.... this should be fun.

2 weeks ago

It wasn't that hard deciding to really go through with it. Being in the public eye really put a strain on my relationship with Griffin. It had gotten to the point where before I knew how Tayler felt about me that I was questioning our relationship. Now, it was really hard to act all happy around Griffin when I knew in my heart that Tayler liked me and I liked him. I think at some point, deep down inside we both knew. It was just a matter of whether we were ok being more than friends in the case that something happened. Then Griffin came along and it was a nice distraction. Now he's no longer distracting.

Griffin came over to my house tonight  and  I just couldn't do it anymore. Tayler was all I could think about. I asked Griffin if we could talk. "Hey, ...Griff?" "Yeah Babe?" he replied. "Can we talk?" "Yeah sure what about?" I grabbed his hand ready to brace him for the information he was about to hear. I was afraid I was gonna hurt him. "I can't do this anymore" "Can't do what?" " I just don't think I can be in this relationship anymore?" "What, why?!" He asked loudly, standing up now." "Because... because I have feelings for someone else." "Who, Dixie" "It's none of your business Griffin!" "I deserve to know who you're leaving me for!" "You deserve nothing Griffin!" I yell back. " Is it Tayler?" He asks. I'm surprised that he got it right. How did he know? Was it that obvious? Apparently the shock on my face shows because he starts to yell louder. "I knew it! That motherfucker! I knew you guys weren't 'just friends'." he yells. "Griffin Stop!" I yell. "You hoe!" He yells. That was it. I was done. "GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE!" I scream. He seems taken aback. He has never seen me like this but its about to get worse. He stands there for a bit staring in shock. "Now!", I yell. My dad comes up from behind me, "Griffin I believe my daughter told you to get out, Now." Griffin walks out the door and I immediately I feel tears streaming down my face. I was trying to keep it together but really I was breaking inside. He hurt me with his words. My dad opened his arms to let me into a hug. "What happened Dixie?" he says. "I broke up with him." I say crying. "Why?" he asked "I mean... I never liked him anyways but why?" "I realized that I like someone else..." I said. "I hurt him dad. And then he hurt me back." "Oh. But that's not an excuse for him to treat you like that." my dad said. "It wasn't your fault. You can't help what you feel." "Yeah you're right", I replied.

Thanks for reading the first Chapter of Tayler and Dixie's story!

-littlebean:)

-