Chapter 6

Hey everyone, I will be posting every alternate day or every two days as I'm really busy with work and I'll have midterms starting next week so taking time to prepare for that 

I know all of you have been waiting for a long time for heartfelt but I'm just not satisfied with it and since it's something I still have to write, It will take long until the next update. Will try to post as fast as I can.

CHAPTER 6

Nannu : Well Mishti! I see that you've had a lot of fun tonight. Well heard too.

Mishti (rolling her eyes) : Come on Nannu! You know better than to pay attention to the gossip. They're just jealous that they didn't think of a midnight picnic.

Nannu : I agree with you, Mishti! But you know what I mean. I just hope you haven't gone and fallen in love with Abir Rajvansh.

Mishti stopped and stared at him flabbergasted.

Mishti : In love with Abir Rajva.... Are you completely mad, Nannu? I don't go around falling in love with every person who happens to pay attention to me.

Nannu (giving a relieved sigh) : Well! I'm thankful for that. Naksh would have my head if anything like this had happened in his absence. Mishti Raj Singhania, 20 years old and head over heels in love with Abir Rajvansh, 28 years old probably. Naksh would have killed me on the spot.

Nannu shuddered and Mishti laughed. Nannu gave her a sheepish smile then turned serious.

Nannu : All kidding aside. Naksh seriously wouldn't approve of Abir Rajvansh.

Mishti (surprised) : Why? He's done nothing wrong. He's been a gentleman.

Mishti refused to think of the kiss.

Nannu : There, You're wrong, Mishti. The man has a decidedly shady reputation. He has been out of the country, not always in the best company, and rumor has it that he left Rajkot under some cloud in the first place.

Mishti remained silent.

Nannu : Abir is not the man to marry. You should remember that.

Mishti (looking at him scornfully) : Nannu! I thought I loved you best. My loving, easygoing brother. But today, you have been more overbearing than our dearest eldest brother. I am 20 years old. I have no intentions of getting married. Not to Abir Rajvansh, nor anyone else.

Nannu : Age has nothing to do with falling in love. Anyways, What about Captain Rohan Dewar? I thought you liked him.

Mishti (sighing) : I don't know. He has been very irritating of late. I find him absolutely pompous. He is handsome enough to turn any girl's head, but he boasts and he postures. I keep trying to make allowances for his youth, but then I remember that he is four years older than I am.

Nannu (chuckling) : I know how you are, Mishti. I don't mean to annoy you. But the world isn't kind to anyone. And we just want ur baby sister to be fine. Do you want me to have a word with Mr Rajvansh? I do an amazing impersonation of Naksh.

Mishti (glaring at him) : Don't you dare. Don't you dare talk to him OR call me your BABY sister. I will turn 21 in 2 months. 2 months, You understand?

He laughed and cuffed her jaw lightly with his closed fist.

Nannu : Come on! I have to leave now and I see the Dewars waiting for you. I have to go back to the embassy soon after.

Mishti nodded and wondered what he would say—and do—if she told him this whole entertainment had been conceived and organized for her benefit. And that she had gone quite deliberately into the semi private avenues with Abir Rajvansh and allowed him to kiss her there—even though she had known very well that he had nothing but dalliance on his mind.