Chapter 1

Before we start, I just want to tell you guys that whatever I talk about wars and all are completely fictitious. I mean no disrespect to any soldier or their sacrifices for us civilians. This is just a story. Please don't take it seriously.

ANY COMMENTS ON THE INDO-PAK WAR WILL BE FROWNED UPON. THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL STORY.

CHAPTER 1

It felt weird to hear the Indian accent wherever he went. He was around Indians again. People who spoke Hindi, who shouted at the top of their voices to sell their wares, babies crying loudly and mothers cursing them as they refuse to be pacified.

Abir Rajvansh, Son of the business tycoon Mehul Rajvansh, smiled as he finally saw that he was home.

Well, Home was a bit of a stretch, to tell the truth. He was in Jammu and Kashmir near the Siachen Glacier, where daily riots take place. It was not his preferred destination, but when a friend requested him to come and observe the plight, Abir had been happy to oblige.

Abir turned to his friend, Saket and grinned.

Abir : This is a whole new experience, isn't it?

Saket (nodding) : Yes! Though I wouldn't have come here myself if I weren't so damned intrigued about the happenings here.

Abir : Is it safe though?

Saket : Sure. The only people here are the soldiers, their families, and few other people who have the wealth to squander.

Abir (raising an eyebrow) : I am not a soldier, nor do I know any. So that implies..

Saket (with a sheepish grin) : Well! We do have the money to spend, Don't we?

Abir : You sure do, being the son of multi-millionaire Suhas Khanna. As for me...

Saket (rolling his eyes) : Please! We all know that Abir Rajvansh is the CEO of Rajvansh Industries, a billion dollar company. Ever since your father died three years ago, You've increased the profits three-fold.

Abir just chuckled as he looked around the various guests who had arrived to be part of the Army Week held annually in J and K.

Abir (dryly) : The rich can enjoy themselves even in the grimmest atmosphere, Can they not?

Saket followed Abir's eyes observing the room where everyone was making merry. He shrugged.

Saket : We are not part of the army. To us, This is nothing more than a show that we can afford this and want to participate. (flashing a wicked smile) Not to mention the girls who are present here.

Abir didn't answer. He was searching for familiar faces. He had seen several since his recent arrival from Los Angeles, but he expected to see more here. The vast majority of both ladies and gentlemen looked exceedingly young to him, though. He felt strangely ancient at twenty eight.

Most of those young gentlemen, and a few older ones too, wore military dress uniforms—some khaki or brown, but most of them wore informal wear and resplendent with rich facings and multitudes of gold lace braiding. But the ladies looked delicate and very feminine in contrast.

Saket : The girls sure don't seem to notice us, Do they? I guess if we wore military wear, they will, though. Otherwise we may be at a disadvantage here, Abir!

Abir (chuckling again) : if you came to impress the ladies here, then sure, We are at a disadvantage. But If one came to be an invisible observer, no.