Chapter 32

Ava's POV

Beep, beep, beep.

What was making that annoying beeping sound? I thought as I groaned mentally wanting more than anything to destroy whatever was making that annoying sound.

'Turn it off' I rasped out in a scratchy whisper.

"You're awake. You had us all worried there for a second." A pair of blue eyes appeared before me and I couldn't help but get lost in them.

I slowly trailed my eyes over Jayden's face until I landed on his mouth. His mouth was moving, but for some reason no words were coming out.

I felt a tingly sensation on my face as the sparks danced along my cheek. I turn my attention to the hand and brought mine own to hold it against my face.

"Sweetheart, are you ok?" Jayden asked with a worried expression.

"Water" I was able to get out pass my cracked lips.

He quickly grabbed a glass of water and placed it against my lips. I downed the water as if my life depended on it. After I was done he brought back the cup to where it was, and then returned to my side.

"What happened?" I asked, still a bit disorientated from waking up.

"You passed out" he replied averting his eyes from my gaze.

"Is something wrong?" I began to panic thinking that there was something wrong with me, why he couldn't hold eye contact.

"No. Everything is fine" he still refused to look at me.

"Oh good, you're awake" a voice said excitedly from the door.

"Yeah... How are the twins?" I asked softly, watching Katie struggling to wheel herself in.

"They're perfect. You couldn't have waited five more minutes before you decided to pass out?" She chastised with a scowl on her face.

"It wasn't my decision. It just happened" I frowned.

"I know" she smiled apologetically.

I just smile in return to let her know that it was ok.

"So... How are you? How is the baby?" she continued.

"I'm fine. Wait, what baby?" I asked confused.

"Shit. You don't know? I'll come back later" she wheeled herself out the room, with me shouting at her to 'come back'.

"What was she talking about?" I faced Jayden who was quiet this whole time. For a second there, I actually thought that he had left the room.

Nothing.

"Am I pregnant?" I asked with teary eyes.

"Yeah..." He replied in a daze.

"Do you not want this baby?" I was on the verge of breaking down.

"What? Of course I want this baby, I just never thought that it would be so soon" he smiled.

"I'm scared" I admitted.

"I know its scary, but I'll be with you ever step of the way. I know for a fact that you're going to be a great mother" he smiled, sitting on the side of the bed.

I scooted over to make room for him, and pulled him down beside me.

"How do you know?" I asked absentmindedly playing with his fingers.

"Because I know"

"But how?" I giggled

"Because you're the most caring person I know" he smiled, wrapping an arm around me careful not to pull out my IV.

"Do you think we should hold off on the adoption?"

"Do you want to?"

"No, but I thought with a baby on the way you'd probably-"

"I want both of them. I will love and care for both of them the same" he pecked my lips.

I didn't think that it was possible to love someone this much, but each day he would do something unexpected that made me love him more.

I couldn't help it as a few tears stained my face. We were both facing each other on the small hospital bed. I smiled at him despite the fact that I was crying, no doubt soaking the pillow.

"Shit. Did I hurt you?" he asked panic, ready to get up.

"No I'm fine. I just love you so damn much" I placed a hand on his cheek to seize his movements. I smiled brightly at him, watching his face relax through my blurry vision.

"Words can't even describe just how much I love you" he moved in for a kiss and I immediately kissed him back.

It was a slow and sensual kiss, where we both were trying to savor the moment. Through my kiss, I tried to show him just how much he meant to me. It was so emotional, that at one point I found myself crying.

He pulled back from the kiss to kiss my tear stained cheek. Not wanting to be apart from him for too long, I pulled his face back to mine and joined our lips once more.

We only broke apart when we heard someone clearing their throat.

"Alpha, Luna. I can come back if you'd like" the doctor said nervously looking anywhere but on us.

"It's fine. You can come in" Jayden spoke up.

"The tests have come back. Turns out everything is fine and you are free to go home" the doctor smiled uneasily his eyes unfocused.

"Thank you" I smiled politely. He bowed and left the room quickly like it was on fire.

"You can get up now" I nudged Jayden.

"What's the rush?" he replied with a lazy smirk.

"Well, I need to go meet my niece and nephew"

"Ok" he replied, still not moving.

"Can you at least let me go, since you aren't planning on moving anytime soon?"

He released me from his hold, but still remained on the bed. He was acting weird for some unknown reason.

I quickly changed out my hospital gown into my own clothes. Even then Jayden still haven't moved an inch.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine" he smiled, but I wasn't convinced.

I turned him over on his back and he groaned as if he was in pain, which he probably was.

"Jayden!" I screeched mortified.

"What? Jayden Jr got a little bit too excited." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"In a hospital? How does one get turned on in a hospital?" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Easy. You're hot, and I can't help but be attracted to you" he smirked.

"Just so you know, I'm still recovering"

"I know" he groaned in frustration.

"But, I can help you with your problem"

"You're going to do the thing?"

"Uh huh" I smirked.

"Oh by the way, I like your new hair" he complimented my hair.

"Did you just see it because I'm kneeling before you?"

"Nah, but I like the view"

A/N

Babies!!!

Thoughts on this chapter...

Remember to vote + comment?