Chapter 15

Ava's POV

I ran as fast as my legs would allow me to go. I have never felt as I felt right now in this moment. This was truly the worst feeling ever as the guilt weighed heavily on my chest making it almost impossible to breath.

I was standing in the thunderstorm surrounded by trees and bushes. The weather reflected how I was feeling right now. There was an ongoing turmoil brewing inside me as I was having trouble deciding my fate.

The rain was soaking the white night gown that I was wearing. The gown was now stuck to my body leaving nothing to the imagination.

It was getting even harder to breath now. I collapsed on the ground on my knees getting my clothes covered in mud in the process.

At this point I didn't care, for what I had done was nothing compared to my clothes getting dirty.

How could I do that?

I was still in shock at what happened. I fell face first in the mud crying my eyes out at what I had done.

Flashback

I looked around and was in shock at what I was seeing. There was glass everywhere and an unmoving Caleb on the ground.

I got off the bed in a flash and quickly made my way towards him. There were shards of glass embedded in his skin.

I looked at his face and let out a horrifying gasp. There were two shards of glass in both his eyes.

I checked his pulse to see if he was still alive, but I found none. I checked again just to be sure, but I still didn't feel anything.

Rocking his lifeless body, I let out a pained cry.

What have I done?

I got up on shaky legs and slowly made my way to the window. All I saw was green. We were completed surrounded by the forest, but I was afraid that the damage done was far beyond this cabin.

I walked out the room and checked the house to see if there was anyone else inside at the time of my outburst.

I had to watch where I was going because the floor was covered with broken glass.

Checking room after room, I came up empty handed. I checked the living room and what I saw made me sick to the stomach.

Josh and Jace were covered in blood sitting on the couch. There were long pieces of glass sticking out from their body as their lifeless eyes looked on. I covered my mouth in horror and quickly ran out of there.

This was all my fault.

As soon as I was outside I fell to my knees on the ground. I let out a loud pained growl and buried my head in my hands crying my eyes out.

I was still in shock at what I had seen inside the cabin. I just didn't want to believe that I was capable of such destruction. I know that I had been warned about my destructive side, but I honestly never thought that I would ever need to use that side.

I always thought that I was a good person. No matter what I had been through in life, I never wished ill upon anyone who had done me wrong. I've always just wanted them to realize on their own that what they were doing was wrong.

I never meant for anyone to get hurt. The thought of killing everyone had just crossed my mind for a split second. I guess that was all it took for me to tap into my destructive side.

Not wanting to dwell on things that I couldn't fix or reverse, I got to my feet to access any further damage that I may have caused.

Wait a minute.