Diecisiete

Today is the day. the day they officially say goodbye to Cole Robert Brock. Sam put on a black casual suit. Jo put on a black dress with light makeup. Sam had stopped feeling. He didn't know how to do that without colby. He cries but when he's alone. He acts happy but nobody except jo and elton and katrina can tell its an act. But only jo comments on it. She's the only one who can. They reached the church and sam sat through the service. He couldn't bring himself to say anything. He didn't know what to say. The memories he shared with just colby were ones he didnt want everyone knowing about. Others were memories everyone knew. So he listened instead. And when it came to the burial he found some peace. He looked around at everyone. He spotted a boy with green eyes he knew all to well. He made a mental note to find him after. So once he put a white rose on top of the casket he and jo walked around and he saw the green eyed boy. So. he walked up to him.
Sam "and who gave you the right to be here."
Brennen "sam. I loved him."
Sam "you didn't love him. You hurt him. You abused him."
Brennen "its an open funeral."
Sam "you shouldnt be here."
Jo "sam! Stop!"
Sam "he shouldn't be here."
Sam was crumbling. Jo grabbed him and told brennen to leave while he cried from the pressure of today. The whole friendgroup comforted him. They all went back to sam's house. Sam went upstairs and changed into a pair of his sweats and a shirt and colby's beanie. He sat on the bed and grabbed colby's drawing book wanting to see his beautiful drawings. There were multiple he'd seen before but not completely finished. Something fell out when he opened it. An envelope. It had sam's name in colby's hand writing. He smiled at the little heart next to the name. He opened it.