Catorce

Sam sat up in his bed smelling food downstairs. The bed next to him was empty. He threw on joggers and fluffed his hair while walking downstairs.
Colby "w-w-w-wait.....ok.....now..."
Jake "now?"
Elton "yes now."
Colby "g-g-g-go!"
Jake "okay okay!"
Colby "you swine. You b-b-b-burnt it."
Jake stuck his tongue out and caught a confused sam in his peripheral vision.
Jake "surprise ruined."
Colby "mornin b-baby."
Colby walked to sam using the counter as support before hugging him.
Sam "good morning."
Jake "pancakes are served!!"
Jake set a plate down. It had pancakes on it with Happy Birthday written on it with whipped cream and strawberries. Sam smiled and thanked everyone before eating. He gave some to colby and talked with the others fonding over how adorable colby was when he asked for a small bite or took some of the whipped cream. Today was a one. A one day. And he was happy about it. While the entire friendgroup stopped by, it wasnt all at once. The girls came over in one trip. Jake and elton stayed all day. His family had stopped by and called him most of the day. The boys stopped by and he was happy. His day was spent well. But his night however wasnt. He was up for hours with colby who was vomiting blood into their toilet. Sam tried to comfort him but it didnt work. He couldnt have had a better birthday really. It was his last with colby. Meaning. No matter what. It would always be his best. Even if he was only turning 21. He spent his day with the love of his life. thats all he can ask for anymore.