Quince

Colby "ch-ri....chris...mas..."
Sam "merry christmas baby."
Colby cuddled into sam. Its been about two months now. Colby's days were always two and three's. If its a two it always ends a three. He knows its coming to an end. He knows his time is running out. Colby can't bring himself to care about it. He only cares about sam. Hes afraid for him. The boys walked downstairs into the living room opening the small amount of gifts under the tree they set up on December first. Sam remembers it vividly. It was a one day but they only hung out with each other. Nobody else. They put up the tree with laughs and giggles and hot chocolate and they had fun with their multicolored tree that was decorated horribly. Sam opened his gift first. It was a small box. It has a necklace. A pendant that had their anniversary date and an infinity on it. That was on the back though. The front was a simple silver kingdom hearts design. Sam also had a ring. It was a silver ring with engraved circles that had a small dash in the middle. Colby held out the matching black ring and sam smiled. Colby opened his gift. Sam got him a chain that had a lock on it. Colby loved it. Sam could tell by the way his face lit up. They sat on the couch and invited some closer friends over. Including Kat, Devyn, Jake, Tara, Elton, Jo. colby sat with sam. Jo next to sam. Kat next to jo. Devyn next to kat. Tara next to devyn. Jake next to tara and elton next to jake. They laughed and carried on for a bit before colby felt his head and lungs would explode. So they all left after a while and sam and colby turned the lights off. The only light coming from their christmas tree. Colby sprawled out while sam was sitting up. Colby had his head in sam's lap. They sat in silence staring at each other in the soft dim light. Sam scanned colby's face for the hundredth time. Taking in every feature as if it was their first time meeting. He remembered that day well. Very vividly. As if it was yesterday.

-Sophomore Year (for sam) Junior Year (for colby)-

Sam walked into his new class January 17th. Second semester. Almost done school. Finally. He walked in and sat down in a random seat. He pulled out his phone. 7:27 am. He sighed and rested his head on his desk. He just wants to go home and rant to jo about how bad of a day he's already having. She is sick and he just wants to be home with her. But he can't be. He needs to pass and missing days was not an option. If he misses one day he gets too behind and doesnt understand anything. He had been tapped on his shoulder. He sat up and looked at a boy with dark green eyes and curly brown hair.
---- "you're in my seat blondie."
Sam "there arent assigned seats. And my name is sam. Don't call me blondie."
Sam turned his head and caught blue eyes. He nudged the other boy. In doing so his hoodie rode up showing part of a purple mark on his hip. Sam held in a gasp. But he knew nothing about the innocent looking boy. so he just turned his attention back to his eyes trying to read him.
---- "move."
Sam "no. sit somewhere else."
---- "uhm...bren..lets just go somewhere else...okay?"
---- "no. i want to sit here."
Sam "look. I dont have any idea who you are. But this seat is taken. Move two seats behind me and look. Its an open seat. Use your eyes."
---- "did you just talk back to me?"
Sam "i literally dont know you."
---- "name is brennen. Brennen taylor."
Sam "is that supposed to mean something to me?"
Brennen "you have some nerve. I could beat you to a pulp blondie."
Sam "nice try. Uhm. if you'd like you can sit behind me."
He was now looking at the brunette boy. A soft smile showing. The gorgeous blue eyed boy smiled and nodded taking the seat behind sam. Brennen growled but sat behind colby angrily.
---- "i-i'm colby."
Sam "sam."
They shook hands and something clicked inside both. From that day on they were best friends. inseperable. If they weren't together they were either with family or their significant others. That day started something. A fire. And it burned brighter everytime they seemed to be around one another.

-Christmas Day (present)-

Sam smiled at the older boy in his lap. He loved colby. With everything he had. Sam soon drifted off fingers tangled in colby's hair. Colby soon woke back up and curled into sam. They drifted off into silence. Peaceful silence.