Cinco

sam woke up to colby's vicious coughing above them.
Sam "baby. you okay?"
Colby "'m fine..."
he cleared his throat and pulled sam close. they sat in silence until a ringtone filled the comforting air. sam nuzzled against colby's bare chest as he answered the phone.
Colby "hello?"
Elton "wanna film with me?"
Colby "no were busy"
Elton "pleaseeeee?"
Colby "elton-"
Elton "please please please please?"
Colby "elton. listen. i love you. but we are busy."
Elton "what does busy mean?"
Colby "busy means busy elton!"
Elton "are you fucking?"
Colby "no were not fucking."
Elton "you could be fucking."
Colby "we could be but were not"
Elton "what if you are? how would i know?"
Colby "would you like to talk to sam? because were not fucking."
Elton "no i dont need to talk to sam."
Colby "poor sam. his feelings are hurt now."
Elton "wait seriously?"
Colby "no they arent but what do you want?"
Elton "overnight video?"
Colby "i dont wanna do that"
Elton "does sam?"
Colby "no sam doesnt either."
Elton "did you even ask him?"
Colby "oh my god no i didnt ask him."
Elton "can you ask him?"
Colby "no."
Elton "colby im begging you. please."
Colby "fine we'll go. but you owe us."
Elton "yeah sure but why so defensive? it wont br bad."
Colby "because i really dont feel like being the center of jokes for the next twelve hours. bye elton."
colby hung up and sighed. he loved elton. but he hated the jokes he made. sometimes they just went too far.
Colby "he convinced me to do a scary video. you dont have to go if you dont want to."
Sam "im not letting you suffer."
Colby kissed sam's head trying to hold him impossibly closer.
Colby "what did i do to deserve you.."
Sam "you lived. you breathed."
colby giggled as he kissed sam's hair. colby's phone then started ringing again.
Colby "hello?"
Elton "are you driving here yet?"
Colby "no!"
Elton "hurry up slow poke."
Colby "oh my god fine we'll be there in a few."
colby hung up before tackling sam with endless kissed all over his face.
Colby "my blonde beauty."
sam smiled and blushed. he kissed colby lightly on the cheek. They both got up and changed into clothes wearable for elton's overnight. Sam wore white joggers and one of colby's black hoodies. Colby wore black baggy-ish jeans and one of sam's bigger hoodies. Sam put on his chuck taylors that were fairly old but he still loved. He wore them when he went exploring with colby or overnights with elton. He wore his newer ones to school. he pushed his hair to the side while colby put on his black on black dirty converse. They walked downstairs and colby drove. He coughed almost half of the way there. It seriously concerned sam. The boys pulled up to elton's house. Both Matt and Elton got in the car. Elton set up his camera on the dashboard and started his intro from the back seat.
Elton "whats up you guys im back with another video. Today i have matt, sam, and colby with me."
Colby "im not here."
He started coughing again and it got to a point he had to step out of his own car to cough and catch his breath. Sam just watched in concern as elton asked if he was okay and colby just waved him off.
Elton "whats wrong with him?"
Sam "i dont...i dont have any clue...and its utterly terrifying."
Elton "if that keeps up. Take him into the doctors. Like keep an eye on him all day tomorrow."
Sam "i have classes E. i'll have jake come over. Though. I dont like that idea too much."
Colby got back in the car and cleared his throat.
Colby "sorry."
Sam looked at colby with concerned eyes. Colby just nodded and sam looked away shaking his head. This isnt colby. Not in the slightest. Elton reached to the dash and turned off his camera. The boys in the back buckled up and colby drove being guided by elton's GPS.
Elton "you good bud?"
Colby "why wouldnt i be."
His voice was hoarse. Like he had been smoking for years. Funny thing is. He had never been around smoke or picked up a cigarette. Thats just who he is.
Sam "because you're coughing like you've been smoking for half your life. May i remind you you're only 20."
Colby "sam i'm fine."
Sam "yeah. Fine."
Sam turned and looked out the window silence spreading throughout the car. They made it to the destination and filmed. It was a crazy experience. There was a point in time towards the end where everyone just stopped and looked at each other. There was a sound echoing throughout the woods. None of the boys were making it. It gradually got closer and they full on sprinted out of the place they were at and towards their abandoned car. Colby had fallen behind. His lungs werent giving him enough oxygen and he couldnt breathe. So he slowed down losing his vision of everyone else. He started going in and out of consciousness. The others reached the car without colby and the noises were inching closer and closer by the second. Elton and Matt reached the car first. Then sam who was about to pass out from the lack of breathing.
Sam "wheres...colby."
Elton "he's not with you?"
Sam "what...do you....mean. I figured....he ran ahead."
Elton "sam. He wasn't with us."
Then it clicked for sam. Colby's been unable to breathe for a few days. And the extent of his coughing had sam already worried. He couldnt breathe. Sam didnt say anything just sprinted back into the woods. He stumbled and winced when he would get scraps from trees and branches. He was screaming colby's name. Almost in tears from the event. He saw colby on the ground a few feet away and sprinted to him immediately getting on his knees next to him.
Sam "colby. Colby baby. Cmon love."
Colby "ca-cant bre-bre-breathe...sam..."
Sam "i know baby."
There was a loud snap near them. Sams heart starting rapidly beating faster. He put colby's arm around his shoulder and lifted him up as colby wheezed trying to get some oxygen in his lungs.
Sam "doctors appointment tomorrow. And i swear to fuck if you tell me your fine colby.
Sam kept a hold of colby as they quickly walked to the car. Sam put colby in the passenger seat and closed the door. He walked to the other side of the car and got in the drivers side immediately closing the door and locking the doors. He sat for a minute catching his breathe and slowing his heart rate trying to hold back the tears forming over almost losing colby. He took one final breath before starting the car and looking over at colby. He pulled out and followed the gps to elton's house. They pulled up and colby was asleep with his head on the window. Sam got out careful not to shake the car and wake colby. He hugged elton and matt.
Elton "take him in immediately. Okay?"
Sam looked to colby and looked down. He nodded and elton hugged him again.
Elton "call me. Okay?"
Sam nodded and bro hugged matt one more time before getting back in the car and driving off to their house. Sam didn't want to wake colby. So he carefully picked him up and carried him inside. He walked upstairs and laid him in their bed. He sat next to him and ran the back of his hand across his forehead. He was burning up. Sam kissed colby's forehead before toeing his shoes off and walking downstairs.