Dieciséis

The blonde and the brunette laid in the grass staring at the stars. Colby laid on sam's chest. One direction songs were softly playing slowly in the background. It was cold. The ground crunched due to the ice crusted green they laid on. Colby could barely feel the cold. He had grown to feel less and less of everything and more and more constant pain. Sam knew he only had a matter of weeks now. Maybe even days. He's just happy he lasted until his birthday. But now lying in the grass. Peacefully staring at the sky above. He sort of knew what was happening. He checked the time. 1am. January 3rd.
Sam "i love you colby...so so much..."
Colby "i....i....l-lov-e....you....to-too...."
Sam "you mean everything to me..."
Colby "d-dra-wing....b-book..."
Sam "what?"
Colby "i'm...i ca-cant....st-st-stay...."
Sam "i know baby i know. Go my love. It wont hurt anymore..."
Colby "wha-what....a-ab-bout...you..."
Sam "i'll be okay. I promise."
Sam held colby closer. He turned over and stared into colby's eyes. He pushed colby's hair back slightly. His un-straightened curls curling at his forehead leaving it messy. Colby leaned into sam's touch breathing heavier. His breathing became softer. Sam kissed him lightly before leaning his forehead against colby's.
Sam "mine forever baby...forever..."
Colby "for...ever..."
Sam nodded and felt colby inhale and exhale. Suddenly. Everything stoped. Colby's heart stopped beating. His breath stopped. His eyes fluttered shut. his hands ungripped sam's hoodie. Sam knew. He was gone. he didnt cry. He didnt sob. not yet. He turned over and looked at the sky. One star stood out. It hadn't been there before. It shined brighter than the rest of them. Thats when he broke. He started sobbing. Unable to breathe. He shakily picked up his phone and called the only person he knew could help him in this situation.
Jo "hello? Sam? Why are you calling? Is colbae okay?"
Sam started sobbing more at the crazy nickname his twin gave his lover trying to catch his breath.
Jo "sam?"
Sam hung up and sent his location telling her to bring elton and hurry. He curled in a ball and tried to calm down but it wouldnt work. He was crying so hard he was choking on air. He eventually felt arms wrap around him.
Jo "its okay. Hes not hurting anymore. He's okay now."
Sam just sobbed. He didn't know what else to do. He felt broken. Jo drove them home in colby's car. Elton took colby to the emergency room and they announced him doa. Sam didn't remember to go into his drawing book. He hadn't thought about it. He only thought about colby. He didn't know how he was going to tll his family.
Sam "c-can we go t-to colby's parents house?"
Jo "yeah.."
Jo drove them to colby's house. Sam walked up and knocked on the door with jo following him.
Gage "hey sa- no..."
Sam looked down and tugged a hand through his hair biting his lip to stop the newly formed tears in his eyes.
Gage "no no no...no..."
Sam "im sorry..."
Lesa "honey...its 2 am...why are you opening the door?"
Gage "momma..."
Lesa "sam? Whats going...on...no..."
Jo "im so sorry for your loss mrs. brock.."
Lesa "he can't be...sam...tell me its not true.."
Gage "momma...he's gone.."
Lesa broke down. Soon Layne came down found out and concealed his wife. Gage hugged sam. Gage smelled like colby. Sam broke again. They pulled away and sam left. He felt numb. But he felt everything at once. He was confused as to why this happened to him. Not to sam. But to colby. Why such a innocent life had to be taken away. When he got home he laid with jo. Jo held him and softly spoke to him. Calming him as it always had.